Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hi there
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, just dropping by to say hello.

I have only recently came back to FL after a long break, playing other games like real life and annoying girlfriend 3:D. I used to play on Nima, solaris & the Freeworlds server. But since checking out the server list, I had to come to Discovery. Its really impressive that there is still such an active community around an aging game.

Hope to see you all in space. :)

Hello and welcome. Being an RP server we have some pretty complex rules to make sure it stays that way and everybody has a pleasurable experience here. Be sure to read all the rules and obey them. Some are a little complex, reading sanction reports helped me gain a better understanding of many of them.

If you need help or have any questions you can always post on the forums. Additionally you can stop by the disco help channel where you can also meet some a good group of friendly players (link in sig). This is in skype which is the chat program of choice of this community, I highly recommend getting it if you plan on being active here. Also I have heard the link may not be compatible with some newer versions of skype, if this is the case just PM me your skype name if you want to check it out.

Most of all though, have fun!

PS Nice avy.
Well, welcome to Discovery. As Tazuras has already helpfully pointed out, we're an RP server, so we have quite a few rules and restrictions which might seem scary at first, such as people judging you on your ship choices as well as ID choices, but once you get used to them, you should be fine. Well, try joining a player faction, they usually give some financial help to new players. Also, it's probably been like this on the other servers you've played on but every faction can use a ship capable of mounting class 10 guns, so don't just go straight for the Titan. Trading is the best way of making cash quickly, but be warned, there are pirates around (although some will lower the amount they charge you if you RP with them), and trade embargos between Kusari and Bretonia, and Rheinland and Liberty.

Finally, beware of Mon'star (Evil terrorist with a custom battlecruiser), The Keepers (nomads), Das Wilde (Infected Rheinlanders/Kusari), The SCRA (Remember the Coalition from the FL intro?), the Harvesters (Evil Robots) and the Phantoms (No idea what these actually are, just run if you see them)
Welcome to the community, have fun on the server beware of the jumphole stealing leprechauns.
' Wrote:Welcome to the community, have fun on the server beware of the jumphole stealing leprechauns.
tell me about it, i was in one and they stole the one i was suppose to exit from, you do not want me to tell you where i ended up
Welcome to Discovery!
Welcome on best server around hehe...
Hola, amigo! Join the Corsairs!
Really though, welcome to Discovery, have fun, play fair, don't use too many commas, and listen to the administraters!
' Wrote:Hola, amigo! Join the Corsairs!
Really though, welcome to Discovery, have fun, play fair, don't use too many commas, and listen to the administraters!
:yes:join the corsairs, It will be very fun.
Welcome to Discovery, Hope you like it here, very good mod...