Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Starlight Research Consortium - Documenting and Reporting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[Image: T2sOKBo.png]
Starlight Research Consortium
Chasing starlight since 829 A.S.

[Image: 3c423aae5c4cbe298b6edeb139406301smol.jpg]

Subject: Message Dump Online

Encryption Strength: Impossible

Ladies and Gentlemen, the reporting system is now online and functional. Use this when documenting and reporting your research projects or any other goings on involving our people.

If you have any questions, you know where to find me.

--Dr.Sailas Montgomery
CEO and Lead Researcher, SLRC

...standby. Checking packet...
...packet successfully sent.

Code:
[align=center][img=400x400]https://imgur.com/T2sOKBo.png[/img]
[color=white][size=14][b][u][font=Orbitron]Starlight Research Consortium[/font][/u][/b][/size]
[size=7][font=Courier Prime][i]Chasing starlight since 829 A.S.[/i][/font][/size][/color][/align]

[hrc]#FF8000[/hrc]
[pi amount=10][float=left][table=#FF8000][td][img=200x200]https://imgur.com/8xWTx3v.png[/img][/td][/table][/float]

[align=left][font=courier prime][size=9][color=white][u]From:[/u][/color][/size]
[size=10][color=orange][font=orbitron]<NAME HERE>[/font][/color][/size]

[size=9][color=white][u]Subject:[/u][/color][/size]
[size=10][color=orange][font=orbitron]<SUBJECT HERE>[/font][/color][/size]

[size=9][color=white][u]Encryption Strength:[/u][/color][/size]
[size=10][color=red][font=orbitron]SLRC Protocol[/font][/color][/size][/font][/align][/pi]

[hrc]#FF8000[/hrc]

[pi amount=15][align=justify][font=Overpass][color=white]<MESSAGE HERE>[/color][/font][/align]

[align=right][font=Cinzel][color=orange]--<NAME HERE>[/color]
[size=7]<DEPARTMENT OR SHIP HERE>[/size][/font]
[size=7][font=Montserrat]Ever upwards, towards [b]answers[/b].[/font][/size][/align][/pi]

[indent][indent][indent][hrc]#FFFFFF[/hrc]
[spoiler=Attachments-(0)][spoiler=No Attachments][/spoiler][/spoiler]
[hrc]#FFFFFF[/hrc][/indent][/indent][/indent]

[hrc]#FFFFFF[/hrc]
[align=right][size=7][font=courier prime]...standby. Checking packet...
...packet successfully sent.[/font][/size][/align]
[Image: SLRC_Logo_Avatar.png]

[Image: mqbPpuq.jpeg]

Subject: New Friends

There is quite a bit to read, but the short story is the Maltese Hyperspace Fleet, which I'm sure has a somewhat more official name, is now well aware of our operations in the Tau-23 system. I did try to keep the door open for future research together but we won't know till we ask. So with that in mind is there anything cooking anywhere that they might be interested in fully funding for us? They seemed pretty excited about our hyperspace cartography. But in the same breath they also told us they pull their own surveys. So maybe not as many credits on the horizon as I'm currently daydreaming and drooling over. Either way check out the attached flight recorder and let me know what you think. I'll be busy over here counting my chickens before they hatch.

--Dr. Brandon Wright
Research and Development, SLRC

Subject: Ikarus Repairs

Ikarus repairs are proceeding apace. At present the station is around 85% efficiency. There are still a few things that the crew are working on that have been a major issue since the station was left abandoned for years, but they've got most of the major issues solved.

We're going to be expanding the base shortly after repairs are completed. The standardized model that most stations use is the "Core" model. We're going from a "Core 2" to a "Core 3". This offers expanded crew quarters and more availability for modules to be installed for things such as Hyperspace factories and whatever else we want to do R&D on. The sky is the limit!

We should be back to 100% before the next couple of days are out. After that, we expand! Ever upwards, towards starlight!

--Dr. Sailas Montgomery

Subject: Arrival

I've got a bit of a surprise for you all. We recently made some significant headway on a contracted research project with a few groups which wish to remain anonymous (those with the clearance know who I'm talking about). Well, the payday just came in, and with that large payday, we managed to get ourselves a (used) Nephilim Colony Ship.

In the coming days, weeks, and probably months, we're going to be performing an extensive retrofit on the vessel. It's seen some combat being stationed out in Omicron Delta for several years, but besides that it's simple wear and tear that needs to be overhauled. Additionally, it needs to have it's jump drive coils overhauled or replaced (Dr. Wright, that's where you come in), it's cloaking system is non-existent, and it's docking bays are a mess. It's the hope that Colony Ship Ikarus will eventually replace Ikarus Station and be our main base of operations in Tau-23 with the option to move to any place within Sirius space for further research...however, more on that much later. For your viewing pleasure, see the attached drone footage of the XCS>Ikarus moored at Ikarus Station!

More updates in the coming days, weeks, or even months.

Ever upwards, towards starlight!

--Dr. Sailas Montgomery

Subject: Further Contact

Had another conversation with some of the Outcast folks to the north, specifically the HS tagged vessels. Seems they came across something interesting somewhere nearby. From the sounds of it, an active anomaly. They're going to go back and see if we can be granted access to the telemetry they took to see if we can make heads or tails of what they found.

Things seems to be speeding up in the realm of the anomalies...we may need to pick up the pace on repairs and development. I don't want to get left behind.

--Dr. Sailas Montgomery

Subject: Hyperspace and Cardi-breathers

Director,

I believe it is in our best interests to reach out to our newfound friends to delve further into their request; with your permission of course. I haven't had an opportunity to work with this particular outcast group; but I am intrigued to see them focused on advanced development of hyperspace technology and research. Additionally, speaking of friends, I would like to also reach out to the Administrator of Freeport 10, nothing to serious, but a friendly hello and maybe an opportunity to get some further information on these, hyperspace Outcasts. Along with anyone else we should know about before we draw their attention or worse yet, their ire.

I will await your reply before starting communications with them on SLRC's behalf.

--Dr. Brandon Wright

Subject: Update(s)

The cloaking systems on the SLRC-XCS>Ikarus have been repaired and we are now able to properly cloak the vessel if needed in the event of an emergency. This is good news and another step towards being able to take the vessel in to dangerous territory for research sorties. The next hurtles concerning the vessel are as follows:

1. Repairing or replacing the damaged Jump Drive on-board. We are currently in talks with Canary Wharf Station in Bretonia for a replacement drive and are awaiting feedback on our offer.
  2. Redesigning the internal power systems to accommodate the power hungry systems required for anomaly scanners. The internal arrays on-board a Nephilim are not suited for the proper install of a scanner such as the ones on a Corvo. Installing them to the power conduits on the SLRC-XCS>Ikarus would be far too risky. The potential for loss of life would be extreme if something were to go awry. We can reach out to Phoenix to see if we can't get some schematics for the Nephilim and see if there is any possibility of rewiring the internals for compatibility. If they're unable to assist, we may simply need to take apart one of the Corvo's on-board Ikarus Station and try to do it ourselves. Our engineers should be able to figure out a way, but I'd rather get the blueprints for a Nephilim first to ensure it's done properly.
  3. Retrofitting the existing Docking Bay modules from their intended purpose into a factory for assembling Anomaly batteries for the scanners. This will enable us to stay out in deep space far longer without the need for restock.

Once the vessel is able to do all of these things, it will be a platform meant for scientific breakthroughs.

Oh, and Dr. Wright, you're clear to proceed if you were waiting on me to confirm. Sounds like a good idea. Would be nice to meet the neighbors, so to speak. No sense getting off on the wrong foot early.

--Dr. Sailas Montgomery

Subject: RE: Hyperspace and Cardi-breathers

Director,

My initial contact with the Maltese Hyperspace Starfleet was met with success. We have been contracted to perform a full system survey of Tau 61 with a particular focus on Planet Hascosay. I have started preparations for this expedition, and we plan to depart with the Aurora on Monday.

Also, somewhat disturbingly, a Corsair was out and about in Tau-23 earlier toady, I've attached what little we could glean from our short encounter.

--Dr. Brandon Wright

Subject: New Anomaly Discovered

We've retasked one of our Omega-11 research vessels to Vespucci after the discovery of an unusual Baxter Anomaly in system displaying unusual characteristics. The anomaly was discovered during a routine mapping of the system for an unspecified client.

Research on this anomaly will begin forthwith, hopefully with some results as to the reason for it's unusual behavior compared to the other anomalies we've researched both in Tau-23 and Omega-11. It appears to not have the same quantum structure as the anomalies we've researched before. Preliminary scans almost indicate it as a rift in space, commonly known as a "Jump Hole" but any interaction with the anomaly results in inert reactions.

More research is required. SLRC-RV>Blind.Study has been relocated from their tasking researching the Baxter Anomalies in Omega-11 and are being sent to Vespucci to investigate. They have been approved for long term research priority and have been given advance research funding for whatever is required during their stay in system. Additionally, SLRC-HRV>Dreamscape and SLRC-HRV>Quantum.Point are being deployed to replace the previous investigations in Omega-11.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask and let me know. I'll be on Ikarus Station for another few days before heading out to the Omicrons for a research investigation of my own in the SLRC-XCS>Ikarus.

--Dr. Sailas Montgomery

Subject: Where Oh Where Is Our Director At, Where Oh Where Could He Be?

Attention All Consortium Members,

It has been a number of days since anyone has had direct contact with Sailas which at first was just troublesome, but now has grown to a wall like barrier which is slowing down our operations and effectiveness. Furthermore as the Director of our organization he could be considered a high value target for ransom. As such effective immediately any and all sightings of the director should be reported on emergency frequencies to your shift supervisor who will then follow a soon to be distributed protocol. Any rumors of the Directors whereabouts should also be reported via your supervisor or team lead.

--Dr. Brandon Wright

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10