Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Some strange periodical freezes win 10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
PC:
OS WIN 10 PRO 21H2 build 19044.2006
CPU i5-4430 3.0 Ghz
GPU MSI 1050 ti GAMING X
RAM 16 gb DDR3 1600

PING 90-100 (couple of years playn at 100 and its normal for me)

System state:
[Image: Tx6g5O3.png]

Problem:
Permanent little freezes once in a 2-3 seconds. modern games are runin perfectly and this grandpas childhood game is freezing??
How it can be?

Btw on this pc runing WIN 7 (my 2nd OS installed) - everything is ok and no problem there
Search for UTF beta enable for Windows 10
then activate it
Procedure:
1. Open the Windows Control Panel
2. Select [Clock and Region]-[Region]
3. Open the [Administration] Tab
4. Check "Beta: Use Unicode UTF-8 in worldwide languages" from "Change system locale".
5. Restart Windows.
(09-19-2022, 11:27 AM)Venemon Wrote: [ -> ]Search for UTF beta enable for Windows 10
then activate it
Procedure:
1. Open the Windows Control Panel
2. Select [Clock and Region]-[Region]
3. Open the [Administration] Tab
4. Check "Beta: Use Unicode UTF-8 in worldwide languages" from "Change system locale".
5. Restart Windows.

more freezes.. now once a second instead of 3
+ got 0 and r instead of _ and X (minimize and close) symbols in launcher
Check the contacts list in game, if freezes happen during NPCs spawns, it is normal happens to everyone, otherwise the said solution works for some people and vice versa
(09-19-2022, 12:00 PM)Venemon Wrote: [ -> ]Check the contacts list in game, if freezes happen during NPCs spawns, it is normal happens to everyone, otherwise the said solution works for some people and vice versa

Im just flyin near the erie docking ring... no npc on scans
anyway thanks for help
Aye, I suggest you use the discord channel more people there
One last thing, try it in windowed mode see if it makes a difference or disable Windows RT defender
(09-19-2022, 12:16 PM)Venemon Wrote: [ -> ]Aye, I suggest you use the discord channel more people there
One last thing, try it in windowed mode see if it makes a difference or disable Windows RT defender

hmm.. window mode works cool - no freezes at all, but if i alt-enter it to fullscreen and then alt-enter it back to window mode freezes dont stop... newer saw something like it... Window mode as i know eats more resources coz system must render my desktop too and i have wallpaper engine running at the bacground with some moving and sounding galaxy wallpaper lol

stable work on higher res usage and freezes at lower...
Kinda Voodoo
Smile
i Will tell you how to fix your issue, contact me Smile i will be gladly help you out