Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Time to say goodbye
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It is time to say goodbye as I head out into another direction in real life. As some are aware I am about to get married early next year, and time is best invested in building a life with my soon-to-be husband. I also graduated as a teacher and start at my first school in Early February.

I have overwhelmingly positive memories of my time in DiscoveryGC which is over five years. Wow... time flies.

My deepest thanks especially to St Denis who was a real mentor, even though I know I exasperated him somewhat. Also, thanks to Xenon who was always the epitome of encouragement and kindness. Swiftwing and Juan you don't realise how much you kept me in the game!

To the very many players in the various factions that I have interacted with (DTR, JC, BMF, TBH (especially Pepe), and AWES) I thank you. There were many other characters in now-defunct factions too.

My Character, Festus McBoyle, is played by another great RPer now. I heard he was kidnapped by DTR! And my Dad's original faction DSE|- will go into abeyance unless someone wants to take it as their own. Includes all BBC codes and rights to use it as you feel fit.

I won't be in-game nor on forums for a long long time if ever as I am taking a total break to invest in my marriage and my career.

Be kind to each other, that's all I ask.
Tempus fugit, indeed.

It is always sad to see someone depart. Especially about moving on in life. I wish you in advance a happy wedding and marriage, and congratulations on graduating.

I doubt I've met you ingame, unfortunately, but the community of DiscoveryGC with all its flaws is a big family, I'm glad you have overwhelmingly positive memories of Disco, and I hope you will cherish these memories in the future, and never forget about Freelancer, or the community of DiscoveryGC.

I've witnessed the threads and I was thinking it was neat RP, but I didn't think about it. It makes things a bit sadder now, but I'm glad your character has been handed to another one, I'm really glad. Characters being abandoned also makes me sad, I'm glad you made that RP, and kept Festus McBoyle going!

Anyway, that's all I have to say I think.

I wish you a good life, a good marriage, a good career, and everything around it. And remember, when things are bad, or good, remember that: this too shall pass. This is probably the only "advice" I can tell to someone.

Godspeed, Paddy, cleared for takeoff.
See you out there mon Capitaine
Farewell Paddy and have a nice life with your husband
AI, Junker, arpeer, you have made a big impact and it was a pleasure interacting with ya! Have a great focus on your real life Smile
(11-21-2022, 05:07 AM)Paddy. Wrote: [ -> ]Also, thanks to Xenon who was always the epitome of encouragement and kindness.

I wish you the best of luck in your life Smile
Good luck for your future life.
Good luck in your future.

Any way you giveaway stuff?
(11-21-2022, 05:07 AM)Paddy. Wrote: [ -> ]Be kind to each other, that's all I ask.

What wonderful words to live by!
I doubt we have ever interacted, but that doesn't mean i cannot wish you all the best in the future anyway. All the best for marriage and carrer and take care out there!
Wish you the best of luck with your future!
Pages: 1 2