Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Odd Company
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
It had been a long time since Skirka had been to Gran Canaria, not since the occupation. Arriving on the landing pad he was greeted by a a city who had moved on since Bretonia's little foray into the Omega regions, although the signs of their being there were still around, anti Bretonian posters, defunct machine gun positions and a few abandoned warehouses were visible off in the distance, repurposed for whatever the locals needed no doubt. His new 'friend', if that was the appropriate term, wasn't to be seen, he assumed she was in the bar waiting for him, although he hadn't the faintest idea what she looked like and natives of Crete were not exactly uncommon in these parts.

He made his way over to the Bar building, years of loyal service quite obvious as he entered and walked over to the bar, fighting was uncommon here but not unheard of, if the guards walking around were anything to go by. He asked for a drink and despite the barman giving him a foul look on the account of his accent decided to serve him all the same. Looking around he could see wealth of multicultural people, Zoners being the largest group but there were Cretans, Hessians, Coalition pilots on break from patrol, a handful of unnecessarily loud Libertonians and even a Kusarian man who was obviously far too drunk. He spotted a quiet booth and quickly claimed it for himself. He watched, although he didn't know what he was watching for, a woman...not that that narrowed it down at all. Sipping his drink he wondered if Gran Canaria would have ever found its place within Bretonia, if they decided to stay. He believed it could have, but in doing so would probably have sacrificed everything that made Canaria...well, Canaria.
An unusual meeting will happen for the corsair. It was the first time that a bretonian invited her for a drink. She couldn't refuse for two reasons. The first reason was because James Skirka was really elogant and the second reason was because she made a deal with him. It was rather a personal deal than for the good sake of the empire. Once her ship landed on the landing pad and the engines offline, the corsair headed to the only bar she knew.

It was not the first time Nina put her feet on this planet. She did not have any difficulties to find the bar. The ambiance changed as soon as she arrived. Because it was a neutral ground, we found bounty hunters, coalition, hessians and corsairs and many other type of people. Some ignored the corsair and some couldn't look away because of the color hair of that corsair. Nina's hair were crimson colored and with her usual outfit, black coat, black pants and black boots, it looks simply good on her. She walked to the bartenter and ordered a bottle of whiskey. Once the bottle in her position, Nina looked around her in search of a possible bretonian. It took a moment before she noticed a lone man sitting alone. Perhaps it was Skirka. She then walked toward him.

Once in front of him, Skirka could have a better look of Nina. She was young but yet, with all her hard childhood and training, her body changed for a mature woman. Her eyes were also crimson alike her hair. She sat in front of the man, deposited the bottle of whiskey in the middle of the table and she laid a bit back to be comfortable. ''Senor Skirka? Here we are, in front of each other for the first time without the void between us.''

He was surprised by her appearance, young but weathered by life, a fine figure but hidden by black except for her striking Red hair. She was not the individual he would have expected to see and couldn't have picked her out. So it would seem. How do you do Nina? The words flowing out of his mouth of their own accord. Pretty woman or not, she was an enigma although by this point he was hard pressed to find anyone who wasn't. Everyone had a story, she seemed willing to share hers, strange as it seemed to him. Won't you sit? I'm sure we have plenty of time, judging by the bottle she was holding he assumed she wanted to stay a little while longer, although he made a mental note to go easy on the drink, lest he said something a little too forward or revealing.
The corsair did not open the bottle for now. Observing the man before her, as weird as it might be, she noticed he can be trustable. It would be naive to believe that right now. Eyeing him, Nina answered to his question. ''I'm great. I suppose you haven't met a corsair in face to face, si? And we have plenty of time before us.'' She sat on the chair comfortably and crossed her legs.

''Tell me, why do I get your curiosity? From what I remember, you didn't have this curiosity toward Cesar. Why me?'' She looked into his eyes. ''I still believe it's because you never saw a woman within the Brotherhood.''

He smiled at her questions On the contrary, I have met many women within the Brotherhood, not many are as amicable as you are of course, my interest lies in your...restraint, shall we say. You spoke when I asked questions, listened when I made offers and did not kill me when you had full opportunity and license to do so. How can I not be curious? He took a drink from his glass, the fact that she was easy on the eyes probably helped the cause but he didn't mention that, no need to go down that path today. And so, with that said I have to ask, why are you so ready to talk to me? To offer information and to spare me when you could?
The corsair smirked. As she listened to the man, Nina opened the bottle of whiskey and directly drank from the bottle some sips. Thinking what to reply to his questions, there were many reasons why Nina did not kill Skirka. One of those would be weird to hear. ''You see, from what you told me, you are working as an agent of intelligence agencie. For a corsair like me, you are one of the top list to those we need to get rid off first. Because you get information that might compromise us, I don't need to tell you we don't want to take high risks.'' The corsair took a break before to continue. ''At this moment, I am doing the opposite because I know that in a way or another, I can be highly satisfied by talking with you.''

She knows so well that she deviates from the corsair's path she decided to follow since her trial. However, she was confident that, this meeting, can bring a little something for herself. A something that might change her point of view on every future things that might happen.

He chuckled, self interest was not unfamiliar to any organization, why should it be any different for Corsairs? So you think I might be able to help you rise through the ranks eh? Give you information that your superiors might find interesting, or targets you could kill to get you noticed. Not an unreasonable position, I could help you. The question is of course, why should I? You've been good enough to keep me alive, but can I trust you to be honest with me? Can I trust you won't betray me at some point? There was no real answer to those questions, if he was honest with himself. He could help, but would he risk it? He didn't know, she was still an unknown to him, a pretty unknown, but not one he was going to simply agree with because of her looks or her surprisingly open demeanor.
Those questions were harder to answer and it can be seen on Nina's expression. She took some sips from her bottle of whiskey. After the sips, she sighed. ''Actually, it is hard to answer those questions. About your first question -Why you should help me- I am not here on the behalf of the empire. I am here because I wanted it and I wanted you to help me to get information about those we talked about. I got what I wanted but I need an information that can put them in a hard position.'' She paused and looked in his eyes. ''I am aware we both lack trust toward each other. I am willing to give you all information about me. However, I won't talk about the empire for obvious reasons. So... si, I take the risk to be endangered than being the one who would bring the end of corsairs. I suppose it is the same thing for yourself, si?''

She leaned her back against the chair still looking into Skirka's eyes.

He suspected she was acting on her own, not that it mattered much, another possible ally was always a win no matter how small. I won't ask about the Empire, but I will ask if there are others who feel the way you do? I am perfectly willing to share information with you, on the condition the courtesy is returned. He suspected he was taking a risk but the rewards would be better, if the Corsairs could harass the Auxesians from the South that would make life in the North a little easier. So, since we are here to talk about you...tell me about yourself.
Before to answer, Nina Rodriguez took some sips of her whiskey. ''I highly doubt other corsairs think like me. On my side, I could try to tell them but I don't have high hopes...'' The corsair looked at her bottle of whiskey and then at the man.

''As you already know, I am Nina Rodriguez. I am a centurion within the Brotherhood. Even if my physic can tricks people, I am the youngest centurion. My childhood was not the joyful one. It was hard times for me. After I did the trial, my life began to be better. I joined the brotherhood in January 829 A.S. I could have join the Deterrence but... they did not have what the Brotherhood have. They are new and none of them are really known unlike those within the Brotherhood. It's because stories of Senor Bebe and Pepe I wanted to join them. Today, I am known too but only in Rheinand. I kind of want to be fame in a way.''

She paused and took some sip of her whiskey.

''Else, I did the resume of who I am. Your turn, hermano.''

Pages: 1 2 3