Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Why not make an expansion pack
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm sure I speak for a lot of people who would love to see Freelancer taken to the next level with an expansion pack. The thought of new races new storyline new places to travel would be greatly accepted by everyone. Picking up from the time you open the super gate to send the nomads away. Something to the effect that you get sucked in as well. There you will find new allies as well as enemies.

This I would be most happy to pay for as I have no doubt others will as well.

The begining would be something to the effect that the supergates reactivate and you get sucked in. The people you have as allies believe you to be dead.
You have to find a way back to your space this is where the store begins.
In the end you get help from a very unlikely race that you help along the way.
Maybe find out along the way that humans were offsppring of another ancient race.

Well usually when one makes their first post it is something along the lines of "Hi I am new" But anyways. An expansion pack is pointless and is the purpose of fanfiction and emailing microsoft. Discovery is a multiplayer online community and Igiss has enough work with us pestering him all the time.. ;) So as nice as this idea is there are reasons why no one really could care and why it wouldn't work for one the designer would need someone to do voices and make animated cutscenes and such it would be more work than it is worth that is what Bill gates and his paid staff......
Hell, an expansion would kick ass to be sure, but unfortunatly that wont happen as Microsoft basicly dropped Freelancer after its release and never made nay plans to update it :(

Verginix Out
If you think about it...this mod is an expansion pack.

I mean compared to vanilla, it's crammed full of expanded goodies, ie:ships, bases, systems, and weapons.
romer,Dec 4 2006, 08:04 AM Wrote:If you think about it...this mod is an expansion pack.

I mean compared to vanilla, it's crammed full of expanded goodies, ie:ships, bases, systems, and weapons.
[snapback]46999[/snapback]

I agree with you that this this is more of a expansion pack.
Without a doubt the Discovery mod has done more for the game than one could have hoped for. The work involved had to be time consuming. For me this is the only mod
I use. Its simply the best.

thats why I did bring up an expansion the work they did on this is amazing.

Thank you! :yahoo: