Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Knocking Over The Pieces
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Well I've reached an impasse in my ability to continue on here, something I find completely unnecessary and the result of unfair bias coming out on top yet again.

Many know about the attempt to claim ownership over the 2 bases in Omega-3, and probably assume it is over that. That's not it, but it doesn't exactly make me feel warm and fuzzy to be told no for no real reason. Seems like 'don't allow what isn't you succeeding' as an invisible rule by the rulers here. But I accepted there was no precedent for that, I requested it regardless in the hopes that it might be taken as a chance to set a new precedent. So it was shot down, fair enough, yet disappointing. I do forget that there is only a few people on the Admin team here.

What most people don't know about is that since September of last year, I have been building bases in the Edinburgh System as quietly as possible, keeping them secret to most here until now. Yet again, I'm forced to accept that I'm blocked oorply by admins that seem to hold a bias towards their own interests.

So I have built what I call the 'poor man's Core 2' in orbit of Planet Gaia, which is actually 2 Core 1's stacked, on the far side of the planet (west side) in a position I found that keeps them invisible from the Orkney Jumphole, and the rest of the east side of the system, with few exceptions. They are not visible from the Tau-31 jh (nebula) or the Leeds Jumphole, nor the Roussillon jumphole (nebula). As far as I could tell, almost no one noticed they were there until late December.

They aren't so much the problem, I achieved great success there. In mid November, I figured I'd take the initiative and take the fight to my most likely adversaries, the "Gaians", by deliberately locking down the Tau-31 jumphole in the Islay Nebula. I built another Core 1 about 3k below the jumphole, and about 4k west of it. I named the base 'Weapons Platform' as it made it's own defense plaforms bear the same name as others nearby, so they all blended in if anyone noticed on solars. Otherwise, due to the soup that is the Islay Nebula, you couldn't see anything unless you stumbled upon it at point blank range. I doubted I would get much further undetected, but would do what I could. By mid December, I reached full strength and had long completed the shield and weapons platforms. I was feeling pretty good about it by that point! I then shifted my attention to Omega-3 for a while.

Yet the next month was ruined by being overshadowed by the fact that someone moved the 3rd base 25k below where it was at, neutralizing it totally without a fight. The inconvenience to other players was cited as being bad for the game, too bad to be allowed. Since the war on POB's continues, and you can't even build a secret base in a nebula unless it's convenient for the opposing faction, I guess I'm out. To me, that is just an excuse to save their faction grief, what a weak excuse to protect their own side with admin magic. I was told this has happened to others in the past, I was unaware of those cases, and wouldn't have likely agreed with those decisions, but I found no precedent or rules against it.

That means that an Admin ruled that because the Gaians now have a hard time using the jumphole (like it's the only one), they should be able to just (dot) remove my base, as the in-game means to remove it are not enough(?). This is no longer a fair fight, I work hard to build my advantages, they do nothing. War is not always fair, if you want the odds in your favor, you have to make it happen, that is what's fair.

The last time I had a base sieged out there, they had a large enough group to have, since then, formed their own OF, built their own POB's out there, and kept control themselves. I can guarantee you, I have been the one out there, and there have been almost no Gaians seen in months, they obviously don't even orbit the planet once in 4 months, and didn't notice the base in the Nebula, or any of my traffic. No patrols to keep this from happening, no presence, they don't really care unless someone does what I do, and then suddenly it's the end of the world. What I did is exactly what they deserve for removing the planet from play just to spite one player, it's the least I could do. They thought it was over, but I waited, and returned.

So they did nothing and as far as I'm concerned, I gave myself a better hand, and it was simply removed. I no longer recognize anything about the situation as legitimate. I see this as someone getting so frustrated by finally being on the losing end, knocking over my own chess pieces because they're in checkmate, and smiling while expecting me to pick up my pieces, put them back, and keep playing. I look to the judges of the game, and they all just look away. That is discovery freelancer as a game. Well I'm not putting in another second until that 3rd base is put back. Either play out the situation, or congratulations, you 'win'.

Any siege of the bases at the planet will be done in lieu of the fact that they removed the base in the nebula, which I oh so looked forward to surprising them with. They stole that moment from me, and I'm really not happy about that.

And of course, at this point, even if they put it back, I had to do all of this to get any real consideration, and expose the whole thing to the whole server. How sad that they couldn't just accept they had been well tricked which is what we do here. Since when is it a rule that a base blocking a jumphole, being an inconvenience to some, is an actual reason to oorply remove a base? Inconvenience? Seriously? Seems like cowardice. Buy a cloaking device, use another route. Fight or accept you lost.

So, instead I have picked up my pieces, and am going to walk away, because to keep playing like it makes sense, and keep a core 1 alive 25k below the nebula with no purpose, is a ridiculous insult. Congratulations unnamed admin, you ruined it on me.

Go ahead, change POB's to nerf them AND THEN siege them. Your bravery shall be renown throughout the ages. Besides, this is just one of the issues I find myself at odds over here, and I'm content to say I achieved a little bit of everything here over the years. There is little left holding my interest here, so I figured one last ditch attempt to make headway in Edinburgh would be either my reason to stay, or my last hurrah. I actually wondered if they'd be able to get through this situation without admin/dev magic. I'm sure the mad push in the fall to get Zentor's base update through was actually to weaken bases as much as possible, certainly my own. Yet last time I had a single core 1 sieged and it died in 2 days of round the clock siege, didn't seem that hard to do it, I don't see the need for the nerf, it's all just the weak setting the standard.

That's the last issue, this anti-POB war needs to end, and staff won't end it. Players should not be finding whatever reason to remove bases oorply to help 'save the server' from the load, that's a load of garbage. They gave it away they were going to siege Omega Station and Omega Palace, or they wouldn't have complained about them being back up to full strength. What difference does it make? If we have that many bases, upgrade the server, instead of downsize it for once. This place is in full zombie server mode, and people wonder why it's so hard to maintain a strong player population. Nothing makes sense here, that's the #1 problem. Apparently we should just be happy to fly aimlessly and not even want to use POB's. Go ahead and remove them, see how many people continue to play after that.

By rights, I should have come out on top in both situations, how dry a place!

So that's it, that's the story, here are video's proving what I said, for all of the 'skeptics' reading. Consider the following footage DECLASSIFIED. Wink

[Image: nsxwrgu.gif]
You built a base named Weapons Platform.
(01-15-2023, 12:58 AM)Binski Wrote: [ -> ]What I did is exactly what they deserve for removing the planet from play just to spite one player

So that's your Core one bases? How's they Camelot and?
(01-15-2023, 01:39 AM)Sombs Wrote: [ -> ]You built a base named Weapons Platform.

Goldern Coin did exactly that for years and nothing happened. I do wonder why this change was made through admins and not dealt with inrp.
(01-15-2023, 03:14 AM)Sally Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-15-2023, 01:39 AM)Sombs Wrote: [ -> ]You built a base named Weapons Platform.

Goldern Coin did exactly that for years and nothing happened. I do wonder why this change was made through admins and not dealt with inrp.

Cause it impacts gameplay in a harmful way
(01-15-2023, 03:16 AM)Kauket Wrote: [ -> ]Cause it impacts gameplay in a harmful way

Agreed, it is indeed a nuisance, but i see several other examples present even right now for years, and nothing ever happened with those.
Thank God.
(01-15-2023, 03:21 AM)Sally Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-15-2023, 03:16 AM)Kauket Wrote: [ -> ]Cause it impacts gameplay in a harmful way

Agreed, it is indeed a nuisance, but i see several other examples present even right now for years, and nothing ever happened with those.

different team, different people, different approaches, rules have changed over the years.

what latest thing comes to mind is the junker congress pobs in puerto rico that camped jumpholes. also u gotta remember the refire bug that got fixed later on

what a time

[Image: 4CGqXCh.png]

Pages: 1 2 3