Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Newbie!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am elated that a professional looking add-on has been released for FL! I've enjoyed some of the mods offered on TLR but this one rocks!

Is there a donate button somewhere? I didn't see it.

Lastly, I have an issue that I can't find on this forum. Cargo Beam. No matter what ship I use, it doesn't work. I have the Light Tractor Beam installed. When I used a saved game form normal FL, my cargo beam worked fine. When I click on an object, the lighning bolt appears but no action, no "cargo beam failure" announcements.

And thanks to all who have made this awesome expansion available!

MeanDog
Los Angeles, Calif.
Hello, and welcome to discovery!

Quote:Is there a donate button somewhere? I didn't see it.
There is a donate button on this site:
http://www.discoveryfl.com/

Quote:Lastly, I have an issue that I can't find on this forum. Cargo Beam. No matter what ship I use, it doesn't work. I have the Light Tractor Beam installed. When I used a saved game form normal FL, my cargo beam worked fine. When I click on an object, the lighning bolt appears but no action, no "cargo beam failure" announcements.
How many different types of items do you have in your cargo? I had a similar problem once, fixed it by selling off some of the goods in my cargo (there is a max on the number of different items you can have in your cargo at once). Don't forget to check for any extra weapons and equipment that you may have picked up.
Any kind of ID works as your tractor beam. Without any ID you won't be abled to gather items from space.

Maybe you want to join the Assistance Channel on Skype? There's a sticky topic here, which covers all your question.

And... join ALG!:)
[How many different types of items do you have in your cargo? I had a similar problem once, fixed it by selling off some of the goods in my cargo (there is a max on the number of different items you can have in your cargo at once). Don't forget to check for any extra weapons and equipment that you may have picked up.
[/quote]

I had a full cargo. However, I couldn't even tractor in some much-needed nano's and shields which I was definately low on.
' Wrote:Any kind of ID works as your tractor beam. Without any ID you won't be abled to gather items from space.

Maybe you want to join the Assistance Channel on Skype? There's a sticky topic here, which covers all your question.

And... join ALG!:)

So I need an ID to tractor in goodies? I thought I only needed an ID for MP.

I started Disco with a saved vanilla FL game. So I didn't know about this new rule.

Skype? As in free world wide calling? Tell me more about what you mean.
IDs have replaced the tractor beam. Hardly a "rule" for single player, but definitely helpful to have one.

' Wrote:Maybe you want to join the Assistance Channel on Skype? There's a sticky topic here, which covers all your question.

Skype? As in free world wide calling? Tell me more about what you mean.

http://www.skype.org

Take a basic IRC chat, make it flashy looking, add a feature to voice chat with people, and you have Skype. Well, at least for the majority of us on Discovery who use it.
Skype also does instant messaging now, as in text and group chats, it is the chat service of choice around here. Also there is a link to the thread talking about the chat room at the bottom of my sig.

Edit: Wow, I really missed, virus haz win.
skype is made of win. so is discovery mod.

welcom to disco (discovery) my advice:
1: join a player faction ( http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=36136 )
2:read sanction reports(this helps you learn what you can get in trouble for) http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showforum=43
3: have fun
4: get killed by mon'star (he is a terrorist in a big shiny death mobile )
5: PROFIT!?!?!? (jokeing)
6: start in fighters and bombers. if you really want a big ship. get a gunboat

L[color=#3333FF]E
ARN TO DO THIS
Quote:6: start in fighters and bombers. if you really want a big ship. get a gunboat

Ignore him. Get a zoner juggy. Or a BH BC.
Pages: 1 2