Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: I will Take a Break
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello Friends.

I have Played this Game Regularly for over 2 Years now, I always had great fun with this game. But in the Last Days and Weeks, I was only Frustrated by it. From other Players Powergameing and trying to kill my Chars to publicly Humiliating one of my Chars and damaging the one Faction that I Truly Love More than everything else.

I battle with Heavy Depression for 2 Years now and maybe I am just too sensible for Roleplay Right now, but after another Frustrating RP Encounter today I decide to Slow down my Efforts. Till now I have chosen my Routes through Sirius with the goal to encounter any kind of RP on the way. But that will change now, I won't Stop Playing Disco as this Game has been one of my Big Loves since my Childhood. But I will choose my RP encounters more Selectively and no longer hunt after every RP that is possible.

I will still Reply to Forum RP when it comes in and try to Deliver the best Quality that I Can. But for now, I will need a Break and will try to find my Peace and fun again which gave me so many great memories in this game.
You are one of the coolest people on the server, and exactly who we need to make disco a better and healthier place.

And I think you will like your new approach. After all, this is just a game, nothing more,you are meant to have fun playing it!
(02-19-2023, 10:30 PM)Relation-Ship Wrote: [ -> ]You are one of the coolest people on the server, and exactly who we need to make disco a better and healthier place.

And I think you will like your new approach. After all, this is just a game, nothing more,you are meant to have fun playing it!

The thing is i never wanted to be Selective about who i RP with. I was always Proud of the fact that I didn't care about Reputation or Faction when it came to RP, and that is also the approach that I want to Return to.

But for now, I fear I have to be Selective to not become any more Frustrated.
My advice is to not play a Wild unless you can accept the consequences of being exposed eventually.
Well that's a shame, you always reminded me of St.Denis and others who let the drama flow right by them, didn't ignore people just because they weren't part of one clique. Hope you can get that back in you, the server needs that!
(02-19-2023, 10:38 PM)Relation-Ship Wrote: [ -> ]Well that's a shame, you always reminded me of St.Denis and others who let the drama flow right by them, didn't ignore people just because they weren't part of one clique. Hope you can get that back in you, the server needs that!

I hope it too, and I will try to keep my Standards. But for now, I need to look after myself. at least for a little While. Still, I will be open-minded toward the people that meet on the road. I will just stop to plan my Routes on Potential Encounters and Return to a more Chaotic approach. I Will no longer Run after the RP I will simply let it come to me.

PS thx for the Reference to St.Denis, it cuddles my ego to be compared to someone that I Respect and Admire.
Well, that is horrible to hear. That's a large dent in my will to RP again. You are a cool person and gave me some awesome RP for my characters a while back.
Hope you find the will to come back and RP more, mate.
Sucks to hear that, please take care of yourself. Hope to see you ingame at one point again but irl goes first of course!
Sad to see you go, but taking breaks is one of the best ways how to keep yourself interested in the game and the mod itself.

As one of the players whose character is in opposition to yours - if you want to take a break - you should have mentioned just that. No need to throw around baseless accusations of powergaming or metagaming. You voluntarily chose to play a Nomad infected character and the Nomads are implacable enemies to other rational factions, they (i.e. your incubi as well) want to wipe out humanity. You cannot blame other players for roleplaying their characters - even if are roleplaying an opposition to your character. No need to take such things personally.

So in hindsight, watching what your character decided to do, I cannot help myself but feel that you, as a player, started to panic and that led to further compromising your own character and her surroundings. Such matters should always be approached with a cool, calm head - for undercover characters especially. And if you find yourself not comfortable with roleplaying possible consequences of getting your character revealed, then I would not suggest to play such character from the start to save your nerves and sanity.

Trust me that I know that I tried to keep some inRP matters around my character's actions secret and it was eventually found out, similarly by one of my 'allies' as in your case.
Hey friend, gonna miss you!
Do keep in touch as both you, me and others need to plan a Euro trip/meet at some time. It's about time I'd say. Stay safe, take care of yourself and know that you can contact me if you ever feel the need to talk.

Love ya buddy
Pages: 1 2