Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Some final considerations.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I can't imagine silent engaging, no ZOI Bounty Hunters would be enjoyed by anyone but themselves.

That seems like the kind of thing that appeals to people who don't actually want to play on a roleplay server, but do so only because it's the last active Freelancer community.
The minimum requirement of /1 /2.
This again depends on what faction, for example for the Nomad the /1 /2 is completely useless and almost humiliating, (***You...die***) or whatever.
But if you take an example.

You are in groupfight and then by magic LNS-Ivan pop up in BC and start mortar without warning you.
Lmao quality gameplay.

Even if sometimes the /1 /2 breaks immersion example The Rogues ambush you in a debris field, but not before they must warn you.

As far as BHG is concerned it should have been done a long time ago.
It has been pointed out several times how much a chore it is to play one of the most basic concepts FL has, a Bounty Hunter. I think the Admin run blanket bounty board idea is nice, fills in the holes left by the absence of factions with bounty boards and makes it at least less of a chore for the individual BHG just seeking to play the ID, not go for maximum profit. Still includes forum work but I think that's not too bad in the end.

Should be done asap. Whole safeguarding traders or individual bubbles refusing to accept they're stuck in a larger universe and are meant to play in it has gone on for too long. BHGs being enabled to do fulfill their role with more ease should be encouraged.

Removing the RP line regulation would be counterproductive in most areas, I would not even grant that right to Wild IDs, only pure Nomad ID. But given this would probably lead to Nomad Cruisers instakilling every trader or ship in general in the Omicrons because we have trolls with zero restraints.. oh well. Yeah, Omicrons be dangerous but let's be real, what will you do as individual to counter them then? You can't do nothing. It's the one scenario where at least knowing upfront what is coming is nice for the sake of not turning the Omicrons into a dumbass place full of Nomads just silent engaging everything that moves by uncloaking on it.
What stops us players to create such a blanked board?

Paying for reds in the specific houses and or regions.

Overall, there are way to many people sitting on way to much cash anyway, me included.

If there is one OF faction that is willing to sponsor me (just for the rules, cause such is life) I can create one.
(03-06-2023, 11:04 AM)Karst Wrote: [ -> ]I can't imagine silent engaging, no ZOI Bounty Hunters would be enjoyed by anyone but themselves.

That seems like the kind of thing that appeals to people who don't actually want to play on a roleplay server, but do so only because it's the last active Freelancer community.

Pretty much this.

It's basic courtesy to give players some heads up. In the end, it's to be played for fun for everyone. It isn't real life. It doesn't need to be "realistic"

As for the Nomad example, you don't have to literally speak, you can describe actions. Like saying *The Nomad begins to become aggravated, energy starting to flow into its wing tips*

You know. Roleplay.

Honestly most of the time when people pull the "it doesnt make sense card" - you're literally asking to play with NPCS rather than having a player interaction. You show up to right click man. Lmao. That's just stale, boring, and repetitive.

Giving BHG the exclusivity of getting credits to kill players is only going to encourage people to do mindless pvp. Which is only encouraging the server to turn into some pvp slogfest.
Nice trolling Wesker, 10/10 would read again.

Jokes aside, the admin sponsored bounty board sounds nice.
(03-06-2023, 11:54 AM)Major. Wrote: [ -> ]What stops us players to create such a blanked board?

Paying for reds in the specific houses and or regions.

Overall, there are way to many people sitting on way to much cash anyway, me included.

If there is one OF faction that is willing to sponsor me (just for the rules, cause such is life) I can create one.

Also, this.

The community overall has ludicrous amounts of money. The Barge spendings and the Special Equipment Dealership total over 1 trillion credits.
I really don't think we need another source of server-generated cash flow. There are surely players around willing to fund bounty hunting; one of them just volunteered.
The global Bounty Board is now open!

Enjoy the hunt!

Click here!
(03-06-2023, 11:16 AM)Emperor Tekagi Wrote: [ -> ]...But given this would probably lead to Nomad Cruisers instakilling every trader or ship in general in the Omicrons because we have trolls with zero restraints...

The solution to this is simple. A reset to past versions of Discovery and restrict Nomad players to certain players who A. Know how to RP properly if it calls for it and B. Are responsible enough to play on a character that needs no RP to open fire without being trolls.

A big ask, I realize, but something to think about. I still remember when no one knew who "Keeper" players were and they'd just pop up out of no where and people would scatter when they showed up. Gave the impression there was a big bad that you either had to run from or team up with your mortal enemy to defeat. Now I just see Indie Nomad players saying things like "coward" or "die human" in open comms with little to no RP...though I'm certain someone would disagree with that assessment and complain about it anyway.
The solution is actually just removing Nomads a playable faction because they're absolutely awful and have been for the past 8 years if not more. Current iterations of Nomad factions provide you a grandiose choice of picking between circlejerkers and transport hunters.

Indies on their own aren't bad, but the faction's way too restricted to keep indies around and expect them to stay active (as is evidenced by the fact Nomad indies have been largely gone since 2021).
Pages: 1 2 3 4