Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: [Concluded event] RM/BDM vs Nomads/Wild | The Valhalla clean-up - preparation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4

[Image: 6l6bruQ.png]

With relations between the Büro and the Rheinwehr reaching unprecedented levels of cooperation, larger scale combined operations are becoming ever closer to reality. A lack of foreign house enemies and the situation on the Munich and Dresden fronts being more or less stable means that both services can delegate more attention to problems within Rheinland. While post-war clean-up and rebuilding efforts are best left to the corporations, there is one major asset which cannot be simply repaired back to regular use - Valhalla Shipyard.

Previous attempts by researchers and foolish treasure hunters to examine the station have all resulted in disappearances which did little to shine light on its status. MND containment patrols outlined reports of a regular hum of activity within the station, and light craft are still caught attempting to leave, though often without success. With large-scale life support sure to have failed at least years prior, it is clear that whatever is in control of the station will not simply go away given more time.

A joint taskforce has recently been considered by both commands, mainly for establishing the feasibility of a full-scale ground assault. A likely candidate to command such a venture has been stationed in the neighboring Hamburg system, the security of which seems all but assured at this time. Since the Libertonians are loath to offer him the action he would much prefer to guard duty, Flottenkapitan Klein has been hinting at his preference for a new assignment. The Oberkommando, seeing an opportunity to involve a decorated veteran with a venture some may not touch with a length of hull plating, are more than happy to oblige.

Naturally, the concentration of of any assault force cannot pass undetected, especially from entities possessing more than simple radio sensors. The Wild on Valhalla are not inclined to part with their well-positioned home, and would welcome the opportunity to add more ships and biomass to their growing arsenal. Of course, it would be difficult to resist a concentrated assault of a forewarned and a forearmed enemy without outside help and supplies. Therefore, as soon as the consciousness on Valhalla was convinced of the assault's inevitability, they called into the void... and were answered.

Combat Area & Disposition
[Image: WbyYyNF.png]

RM start at Planet Hamburg and proceed towards the Thuringia JH and then the Bayern. BDM starts at Planet Weimar, with snubs being able to start at the Bayern, and intercept the nomads.
Nomads start at the Thuringia jump hole in Frankfurt. They proceed towards the Bayern and can engage the lawful fleet as necessary.
The Wild starts at Trier, and proceed to the Thuringia jump hole, then attempt to join the fight.

Objectives
  • RM/BDM must put as many Nomad capital ships out of action as possible
  • RM/BDM must not let the Bayern be put out of action
  • The Nomads/Wild must put as many RM/BDM capital ships out of action as possible
  • The Nomads/Wild may attempt to put the Bayern out of action specifically

Rules
  • Cloaking is allowed.
  • Any combatants who leave Thuringia or dock with a base in-system are considered to have retreated and cannot re-enter the combat zone. The exception are ships pursuing an enemy, which may continue the pursuit for up to 10K away from the Thuringia jump hole.
  • The event ends when one side is destroyed or one side completely retreats from the combat zone (by leaving Thuringia or docking at a base in-system). Note that the Nomads and the Wild are allowed to dock at Valhalla. RM/BDM are NOT allowed to dock with the Bayern.

Date & Time
    Saturday, March 25th, 8PM UTC

Participants

RM
    BDM
    Nomads
    Wild
    Bismarck[Flagship] - Pinnenberg: + Bismarck[Flagship] - Bayern: (NPC) Ki'Shar: + Donau - Einbeck: +
    Elbe - Kinzig: + Tirpitz: Ish'tar - Ish'tar'mon: + Scorpion - Skogul-D19: +
    Tirpitz - Hamburg: + Donau - Aegir: + Marduk: Scorpion:
    Donau: Donau: Irra - Irra: + Bomber:
    Donau - Neckar: + Oder - Freya: + Irra - Husas: + Bomber:
    Oder - Baneblade: + Bomber - Pirol.Eins: + Siris - Kanisurra: = Fighter:
    Bomber - Elias,Beist: Bomber - Steffen.Kamieczki: Bomber - Lhi'Kan: +
    Bomber: Fighter - Franz-Mueller: + Bomber - Moonflower: +
    Fighter: Fighter: Bomber - Nash'As: +
    Fighter - Einheit: + Fighter - Ninurta: +
    Fighter - Kirschblute.Wein: + Fighter:
    Reserve: Reserve: Reserve: can fill a battleship slot if needed Reserve:
    Reserve: Reserve: Reserve: can fill a cruiser slot if needed Reserve:
    Reserve: Reserve: Reserve: Reserve:
    Reserve: Reserve: Reserve: can a bomber slot if needed Reserve:

List will be updated as time permits.
    Once the sides are fully settled, no additional slots will be added. I will still put people on reserve if they're interested, but if everyone shows up on the day of, some people may have to sit out.

Please share any feedback you have, or reply with your character name and ship class to sign up.
Hello! May I apply with my (Wild) Donau on a Siris slot?
Elbe, not named rn.
BDM|RNC-Aegir - Donau.
Hi put me on nomad cruiser or nomad battlecruiser slot at your discretion
Nomad/K'Hara side here.

Either Valor, on Ish'tar slot if possible, or Marduk.
(03-16-2023, 03:17 PM)Dellingr Wrote: [ -> ]Hello! May I apply with my (Wild) Donau on a Siris slot?

Good point, I suppose any Wild cruisers would want in on the action. I think let's keep it to just one for now though.
Fine by me! If there's really a need for a lead ship for the Wild ships coming from Hamburg, you can place me there on RNC-Einbeck and remove a Siris slot in return. It'll keep the numbers even.
i as Habsburg ( RM kks Greifenstein) would go on reserve with Bismarck.
(03-16-2023, 04:41 PM)splitterniko Wrote: [ -> ]i as Habsburg ( RM kks Greifenstein) would go on reserve with Bismarck.

I would say that it's pretty unlikely for RM to have more than one Bismarck, since the idea is that Kampfgruppe Pinnenberg is involved. If you wanna play a Bismarck though, you can play as the Bayern (just rename yourself for the duration of the event).
Pages: 1 2 3 4