Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: RM vs UN [Combat event] | The Valhalla clean-up - recuperation | Apr 22, 7PM UTC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

[Image: 6l6bruQ.png]

After a total defeat by the Nomad battlegroup, Kampfgruppe Pinnenberg has retreated to lick its wounds in the shipyards and drydocks across Rheinland space. With the Rheinwehr placing priority on their return to Hamburg and the maintenance of the Thuringia blockade, many ongoing projects were put on pause on short notice. Despite some grumbling, the rumor mill on the shipyards is aware enough that repairs of a critical nature are rarely requested, so the matter must be serious.

With talk of the new assignments spilling out into local bars and watering holes, it's only a matter of time until the finer details of various repairs are known throughout Rheinland. With a large fleet which is ever seeing action, many won't blink an eye, but others on the lookout for certain opportunities may even pay for such information. Now it's up to the mechanics and engineers to outpace this spread with the speed of their own labor.

By simple laws of convenience and efficiency, one of the largest and nearest shipyards near Thuringia has undertaken the bulk of the repairs. This has also resulted in the largest number of put-out sub-contractors, who are suddenly temporarily out of work, without a solid reason to be found. Naturally, such people are eager to air out their grievances, and others are more than eager to lend an ear. And the bars on Alster and Planet Hamburg are only a jump away from the hub of Unioner activity in Sirius - Pacifica Base. After their successful convoy out to the Omicrons, the commanders and crews of these vessels are eager for another task, and soon they will get their wish.

Combat Area & Disposition
[Image: HwHMfEJ.png]
  • RM start around Alster Shipyard.
  • UN start near the Bering jump hole in Hamburg and proceed to Alster.

Objectives
  • UN must destroy as many capital ships as possible
  • RM must survive for 30 minutes

Rules
  • No cloaking.
  • No docking / repairs / rearming.
  • RM capital ships cannot move more than 2K away from Alster.
  • RM capital ships cannot use the thruster.
  • Event ends 30 minutes after the UN side into engagement range, or the capital ships of either side are all destroyed.
  • Note that after the event ends, normal server rules apply. However, I would recommend that any remaining Unioners retreat, and any remaining RM capital ships to dock at Alster.

Date & Time of the event
Saturday, Apr 22, 7PM UTC.

Participants

Kaiserliche Rheinwehr
Unioners
Elbe: Hel[Flagship]:
Tirpitz - Bayern: Hel - Todesbote:
Donau - Donau: Hel - Black.Arrow: =
Donau - Wetzlar: Oder/Artisan - Baneblade:
Oder - Jaguar: Bomber - Gregor.Erhart:
Bomber - Elias,Beist: Bomber - Mjolnir:
Bomber - Ulfberht: Bomber - Teuflisch:
Bomber: Bomber - Unioner.Raider:
Fighter - KPR|Wolfgeist: Bomber - Lowe-:
Fighter - Raubvogel: ... Fighter - Thorn.Nebelungen:
Fighter - Hans.Zweihander: Fighter - Laser.Glow:
Reserve: can fill any slot if needed Reserve:
Reserve: can fill Donau, Oder, or snub slot Reserve:
Reserve: Reserve:

You can also sign up on discord: link to event post.

Please share any feedback you have, or reply with your character name and ship class to sign up on the forums.
UN]-Mjolnir
bomber
UN]-S-Schraubzwinge Hel
Hello,

If the event will take place between 21-23 sign me in with Teuflisch- UN bomber
UN]-Black.Arrow , Hel
Wait, the event you linked seems to be broken? RM/allied forces would have been steamrolled by nomz lol
(04-10-2023, 09:39 AM)Chenzo- Wrote: [ -> ]Wait, the event you linked seems to be broken? RM/allied forces would have been steamrolled by nomz lol

Heh and so we were. Though it wasn't exactly the slots you see on the dispositions - I still need to put up a summary.
(04-10-2023, 01:04 PM)Barrier Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-10-2023, 09:39 AM)Chenzo- Wrote: [ -> ]Wait, the event you linked seems to be broken? RM/allied forces would have been steamrolled by nomz lol

Heh and so we were. Though it wasn't exactly the slots you see on the dispositions - I still need to put up a summary.

Then perhaps the event should be attempted again? For sure RM would want the facility back but Wilden/Nomz won’t give it up easily for the same reason RM would want it back. You’re looking at an INRP full scale war, one which INRP would end with RM licking wounds and placing a minefield to attempt to prevent Wilden firing the facility back up to full scale production again, no doubt the carnage from this event has supplied them with a few ships they can shoot back with… This event suggests the Noms/Wilden lost.

Edit: Love the content on the events though by the way, just needs fixing to be INRP/Actual events.
I think the way I discussed it with the noms is that they send a battlegroup out, wreck us, then frack off. From that point on the Wild should be able to handle the resupply by themselves, or at the very least without capital ship help for the time being. I am planning another event, mainly focusing on the BDM's efforts to maintain the blockade. This event focuses on the aftermath for the RM battlegroup.

Then after both of these we will see what happens with the RM and BDM and whether they still want to try to re-take the shipyard, or just bombard it to kingdom come, and decide what the noms want to do accordingly.
Hi, Barrier,

Please sign me in with Unioner Gunboat (Artisan)
Pages: 1 2 3