Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: EVE Online
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
EVE Online.

All i can say is... DAMN.......

https://secure.eve-online.com/ft/?aid=100259

Watch the video.
Damn...
IMPRESSIVE... :blink: :shok:
I want to play that!!!!!!!
Yeah and its Massively multi-player too. Did you see the galaxy map there had to be at least tens of thousands of systems. Think of trying to conquer that! I think its a subscription though which means ill have to do some begging...

P.S. my mom hates subscription games becuase one that i had gotten her to pay for had not been good at it so they were sued becuase they had kept costing people money after people had canceled the subscription.
I dont like the idea of a month fee to play a game....
But i would like to try that game. (well i'll need a better video card first, i dont think my old GeForce II can handle that game:()...
I'll buy a 6600 GT at chirstmas...
Eh, I dunno. It's seems like it would be just a bit complex for my tastes. That, and you pay-by-month. I don't play games like that because i've got better ones right here.
Eve has its drawbacks. If it had gameplay as interesting as WoW and other popular fantasy MMORPGs, it would be a huge hit... but after 3 years it's got only 70 thousand players. Guild Wars had a million after 5 months. See the difference?

I've read reviews of this game. It is beautiful, very beautiful, but graphics is unfortunately the best part of it. Maybe because of Iceland cold winters (the game was developed by an Iceland company) or because of some other reason the gameplay is quite slow-paced, and it will take many months to "build up your own empire in space". Eve will be perfect for those who enjoy sci-fi and have a lot of time to explore all its features. But for those who haven't got so much time I'd advise Freelancer, or just another non-space MMORPG.
Recommended system for optimal performance:
Processor: P4 1GHz+
RAM Memory: 256MB or higher
3D Accelerator: 64MB or higher video card

Ok so now im playin Freelancer on 1280x960 on max , and EVE game requrements arent so big. But-the only thing is that tax u gotta pay. And if it is as Igiss say- i mean u need a lot of time to develop and see all the game has to offer-well the developing team have made somthing like a good plan- to keep u playin' for a long time. And by thus they are sure of keepin' u payin' them some $$$ for a lond time...

I hope Microsoft and Digital Anvil won't stay speachless and give us the so wanted FL II-of course with the better MP options and features.

And by seen' the sreenshots the graphics really are somethin' but not that much.
Heck on 1 screenshot the planet looked so... ah , Freelancer is old but its graphics aern't that much behind.
And imagine what can Microsoft do for the sequal then , when the FL graphics from 2001 are so good.
O.K. here r two pics rfom both the games
note: The Fl pic is 1280x960-sreenshot. The EVE pic is same resollution but its a wallpaper from the official site (that means it has been reworked with some grapfic program)

[attachmentid=69] [attachmentid=70]

P.S. I can say 1 thing for EVE, though. For an year after freelancer the guys had worked good on visual effects. Still im lookin' forward at Microsoft to amaze me....
Id have to agree with Igiss, the TRailer makes it look like a fast pace Game, but i noticed the same thing Dab did, theres Hundreds, if not near a thousand Systems....

Imagine the trading if there is any....LOL :lol: :lol:

Ill give it to the Makers Beautiful Graphics, Hope FL2 can have stuff like that

Overall 8 out of 10
Samus,Oct 7 2005, 05:58 PM Wrote:but i noticed the same thing Dab did, theres Hundreds, if not near a thousand Systems....

The FAQ said about 5000 solar systems. That IS quite a bit of space!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5