Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: event cancelled
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Advanced Tactical Exercise

This event has been cancelled, a new event will take it's place: https://discoverygc.com/forums/showthrea...tid=197437

Coronado PvP respawn event

[Image: Screenshot-1978.png]

Overview

House militaries are always looking for ways to better themselves against potential enemies. In Coronado, the major governments of Liberty and Bretonia, along with Crayter Republic have decided to run a large scale military simulation in which all of their fleets will be trying to hold back a major criminal incursion. Tacticians from all sides will be present to analyze the tactics used and where they can improve. In addition, a variety of independent assault vessels will be added at the same time to mix things up and create a evolving tactical scenario.

Event duration:

Saturday June 10, Starting at 18:30 server time and going for 2 hours. This will be a infinite-respawn pvp event.

Rule changes:

Teams will be split into 3 different groups.
Group 1 will contain mainly lawfuls and their various allies. This will include all of Liberty, Bretonia and Crayter factions.
Group 2 will have the main unlawful factions of the area. This will be Rogues, Hackers and Outcasts.
Group 3 will have Auxo, Insurgency and any other independents that want to participate. They can choose to attack each other or either Group 1 or 2 to help with balance.

The battle or battles can take place in any area of the system but please keep the combat inside the navmap. RP lines still need to be dropped everytime you respawn/engage in combat.

-Cloaking and Cruising is allowed.

-Characters with SRP IDs and ZOI in Coronado may team with anyone and attack any combat ship.

-Transports are not to be engaged unless they attack you first.

-Repair ships are not allowed

Quite a lot of factions have ZOI in Coronado, all are welcome to attend, no matter your skill level ! Any feedback is welcome.
I am firmly against involving the BAF in any kind of such events because, while it may sound hypocritical due to the organized exercises in the past, this has neither the roleplay backing necessary nor the logical approach to the ongoing situation in the IWs (neither Bretonia nor Liberty want anything to do with each other past simple formalities).

Also, as a sidenote from me, please try to restrict such respawn events with similar backgrounds to only Connecticut, as that represents the true "arena" of the sector instead of using a live environment where, as an example, passerbys would think that there is a conflict at hand.

There are many other event ideas to explore beyond simple respawn fests, and I'm open to discussing such ideas, but that's another can of worms which I prefer not opening at present.
I have considered doing events in conn but wasnt sure if that was the best option, since i haven't seen anything like this happen there yet. this could be a possibility for a future event indeed. will keep that in mind.
Connecticut has been used both by admins (Connor and Garret, most notably) as well as players (1st|; 46th|, etc.) for events. It's great for simulating battles and it does get the point across, being an arena. No firm roleplay justification is needed either, as simply quoting "Admin [Name] decided to set up wargames to check the fleet's fighting abilities." is more than sufficient.

If however the goal is to make people to log in the game during such simulations, then I suggest doing it on a smaller scale, by only allowing fighters and bombers. That would still not be ideal (there's many ways to interpret allies/partners shooting each other's ships), but it would be easy to shrug off from a roleplay standpoint. It could also incentive people to actually hop on and play further if some rewards were to be given at the end, preferably in the form of snub codenames or sci data (credits we all already have billions laying around as dust collectors).
Cool - we will scope out interest in our discord and do some roleplay if enough people will want to come.

We will simply make it lawful Vs unlawful however if BAF ain't coming- crayter+navy have been getting rolled mostly in Coronado lately.

Also - one request, mind holding off on respawn events until the Untamed takes place after this one to avoid fatigue? It will be one of the biggest events in recent memory and one that Omicron NU never got but deserves - we would like to avoid people's burnout before it takes place Smile
Sure that is no problem, thanks for the feedback.
We did some very much hastily thrown in together roleplay based on current lore and developments.

Since BAF won't take part we would suggest Crayter and Liberty group up for the entire event.

If they will have enemies, great. Oc/rogues can fight them, auxo and others balance the sides. If not they can do some fun and friendly 3v3s etc with mixed teams like in the last event organized by with breaks in the middle to swap teams and scenarios. Just a suggestion, have fun! Our faction probably won't have a massive turnout but few people should show up.
so the vibe im getting is that some prefer more teaming rather than total FFA so the first post will be changed to reflect this.
This event will be rescheduled for June 10 at 19:00 server time.
Pages: 1 2