Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: virus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
lately my pc is really slow, so i decidet to scan it with my AV and a program called CureIt made by DrWeb
When i try to launch safe mode, i get the blue screen...
It loads everything, but when the user screen should pop up, it shows the blue death..
Please help
PS:HijackThis aint showing up nothing
Did you manage to fix this problem? If you did, you can ignore this...

Now, you say HJT shows nothing, but you're also getting a persistent BSoD? With that I assume you can get into Windows intermittently. If you do manage to get a HJT scan, attach a logfile here. Even though it may appear clean to you, an experienced eye may see something that is not obvious, possibly a discrete hallmark of a specific infection. When you get the BSoD, note down the entire error message and post the details here, if possible of course. Most important in the message is the error number and, if present, a filename. A camera shot would be appropriate.

Which version of Windows are you using and do you have the setup disk for either XP or Vista, or any other suitable boot disk such as BartPE?
Combo Fix is what i use to get ride of all the above, Virius, Spyware, Malware, even hackers. But when you use it, and if you use it. Here is your warning. Combo fix finds the problem or source and when it does, it deletes it. Some people have had to instill a fresh new XP or Vista to play or get on there stuff again. Because Combo fix found it in their main windows Exe folder. Its good program, it helped me several times. But use it wisely.. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix...e-combofix
Dr.Web CureIt is not a virus. I've checked all my usual haunts for such info, and there's no listings for it being malicious.

Please post your HJT log as an attatched .txt, and also the BSoD that you get most often.
Viruses seem to rampat lately, and sadly I too am infected by one. I currently have a Vundo.CEH "Back door" type virus that ignores all my firewalls, anti-virus, and spyware programs to install fake programs like Malware Doctor in my c:/windows/system32 folder. Regardless of what program I run to rid myself of this virus, the "friendly" anti-virus programs always recieve a critical error and crash. This is by far the worse case I have ever encountered for it has a regenerative program that disables my XP taskmanager and Hijack This. Also my regedit.exe has been disabled with a fake "Banned by system administration" when there is only one account on the computer.

Even with Norton and CA fully installed and updated, this sneaky pest imbedded itself into my hard drive when I last viewed Myspace.com.

If anyone has suggestions for ridding myself of this virus (besides re-installing windows), I would greatly appricate it. Hopefully there is a solution that does not require me directly access the internet from my infected computer, for I do not want this cancer to spread any futher than it is.
How about just restore system(by back up)?
go to google, search for MBAM

A link should come up for a site called malware-bytes anti-malware. Download it, run it, your system will be cured.

Best damn malware killer on the net.
' Wrote:go to google, search for MBAM

A link should come up for a site called malware-bytes anti-malware. Download it, run it, your system will be cured.

Best damn malware killer on the net.

Scam scam and more scams! Every -Zilla program is a scam. Combo-fix is a scam. They hack into your computer, implant a "fake" protection software, and ask for your credit card.

All of you should be ashamed of yourselves...