Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Nvidia Shadowplay not detecting Freelancer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello. A couple years back I remember recording videos with Shadowplay. Now however it says "A supported game is required to use this feature" no matter what I try. Anyone has a way to make Shadowplay recording work with Freelancer? And if not, what other software do you use to record the game?
another way around is to just capture desktop if you're always playing fullscreen
d3d8to9 seems fixing it, just drop a dll to exe folder, set to high priority in gpu settings and it just works then
Get rid of that trash of Shadowplay, go for OBS instead. I've tested over the years all sorts of encoding/recording software, including proprietary solutions like Shadowplay and Relive (both suck), OBS and FFmpeg work fine, OBS allows to capture output from both video and audio from specific programs without much hassle.
Thanks everyone, got it to work with the .dll. I’ll play around with shadowplay and test the performance/quality. If it causes issues I’ll give OBS a go.