Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Should the rule 0.0 be restored?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Should the rule 0.0 be restored?
Only if there's some mechanism in place to prevent it being used to justify Heavy Decisions.
No. Write rules that are easy to understand and have no room to be abusable, and that goes both ways, for players and also for the staff, although it may be too much asking I suppose.
We should start enforcing the rules that already exist first.
(07-24-2023, 11:15 PM)Omi Wrote: [ -> ]We should start enforcing the rules that already exist first.

+1
apparently it has been restored for long while now, it just isn't visible for mere mortals
are you seriously telling me that "not being a turbo spoid" is an obscure enough concept that you people need it written
Quote:Server Administrators are obliged:

To develop and safeguard the health of the Discovery Freelancer community, official server, and forums.

The intent of these rules is for everyone to be excellent to one another and to use common sense. Keep fair play in mind and have consideration for others. It's a game, and nothing is gained or lost save for the experience. Credits can be re-earned and ammunition replenished. If you become infuriated, step away. If you make a mistake, apologize.

why do we need to specify it again
Because it seems to keep coming up, I guess? "I couldn't help but notice that the server rules don't say you aren't allowed to artificially force packet loss!" -> "Oh, I knew about packet loss but I didn't know I wasn't allowed to unplug my network cable mid-fight!" -> "Oh, you're telling me routing my connection from Europe to China, to South America, then back to Australia and then finally to the server in Finland is bad? It doesn't say it in the rules!" (Next they'll also route it over the moon because the rules only state that you're not allowed to do this across continents, doesn't say anything about stellar bodies)

Apparently that is why we need rule 0.0.
The set of people who need "don't be a jerk" codified as a rule is the same as the set of people who wouldn't read it if it were there.
Pages: 1 2