Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Gallic Battleship Charlemange II
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings everyone,

Have not been around for a while so I have not kept up with what is happening or any changes that have occurred.
I have two Gallic BS and could have sworn that one was Valor and the other was Charlemange II, and the type of weapons on the ship seem to confirm that.

Today I logged in and to my surprise I see that I have two Gallic BS but both of them are Valor. Did Charlemange II got converted into Valor or am I remembering it wrong, and I always had two Valor BS. Because my weapon load matches Charlemagne and not Valor on one of the ships.

If anyone has any information on the topic, please let me know.

Thank you.
Something may have happened to the Charlemange II, similar to what's going to happen to the Lend-Leased London Attack Battlecruiser.

Though, I'd wait for a proper response from the dev team on this.
That's exactly what happened, ship model, even engines got deleted and turned into Valor
It's not exactly deleted yet, but probably will, which is a true shame because the Charlemagne II/Redemption is arguably my favorite battleship. The ship is still available in game and can be purchased in one of the admin bases at Bastille.
It is deleted from the game.
Redemption =different ship, can't be deleted as it's an absolutely vital solar that cannot turn into a Valor. The issue will come when Battleships will be changed, we will be trying to find someone to bring it up to speed if Haste won't so our SRP remains usable.
Thanks guys, I will miss the ship but at least I know I am not crazy.
(08-10-2023, 09:41 AM)Czechmate Wrote: [ -> ]It is deleted from the game.

Can confirm, just checked now the admin bases in SP, it's gone.

(08-10-2023, 09:41 AM)Czechmate Wrote: [ -> ]Redemption =different ship, can't be deleted as it's an absolutely vital solar that cannot turn into a Valor. The issue will come when Battleships will be changed, we will be trying to find someone to bring it up to speed if Haste won't so our SRP remains usable.

The Charlemagne II was in practice, a reskin of the Redemption, with the same stats and gun count, much like the Remembrance before the HD Valor model became a thing, hence why I refer to them both as the same ship albeit they're two different ships ingame.
I think we discussed that player ships and bases are two different assets and the fact that the Redemption will be removed as player ship doesn't mean the bases (right now, only Cambrai and Pamiers remain) will be removed, there's several examples of unique ships being solars with no player ship ever existing, like for example the LSF Cruiser or the Horus, same deal will happen with the Redemption.

Maybe Haste could reconsider removing the Redemption (which I do recall he has several valid reasons to, mainly with the broken model) but swap it with the Charlemagne II which as far as I know it's a ship with a proper model which shouldn't be broken, and turn it into a sci data reward, same deal could be applied with the LLBC and the Obsidian, that way the whole community could keep existing ships and people that never had the chance can still get one, no digital scarcity and everyone's happy, that's my two cents anyways.
Yep, ideal money sink
(08-10-2023, 08:17 AM)First_Prime Wrote: [ -> ]Greetings everyone,

Have not been around for a while so I have not kept up with what is happening or any changes that have occurred.
I have two Gallic BS and could have sworn that one was Valor and the other was Charlemange II, and the type of weapons on the ship seem to confirm that.

Today I logged in and to my surprise I see that I have two Gallic BS but both of them are Valor. Did Charlemange II got converted into Valor or am I remembering it wrong, and I always had two Valor BS. Because my weapon load matches Charlemagne and not Valor on one of the ships.

If anyone has any information on the topic, please let me know.

Thank you.

Yes, You will get your ships deleted, removed, altered, or changed by lead developers' decisions without even notifying you
This is how discovery works with ships now, and your opinion as a community member does not matter to the lead developers

Prepare to have the same with other ships, so my suggestion is don't bother buying ships on discovery because you will lose them without notice and will be blamed that you bought a ship for lots of credits that are considered a relic now because it's not purchasable bases anymore. You will even be blamed to have credits and will be named "money printer" by lead developers.

Anyway, the fault will be yours as a player, no matter what is your opinion, The lead developers won't give your opinion any weight

Good luck finding this server fun.
Greetings,

I also own LLBC which apparently will have the same fate as my Charlemange II.

Very sad!