Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: What about Barges?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Hello everyone. Lately there have been more and more threads with the title "Barge for sale". We were all wondering what will happen to these ships in the next update, but no answer. So now I will ask a member of the Staff Team or anyone who have informations to explain to us in more detail what will be the fate of these traders. I am a barge owner and I believe that I need to know what are the possible changes that the barge will undergo in the future or if there are any changes.

Thank you!
Moved the thread to Discovery Mod General Discussion instead of the inRP Comm Channel, better spot Smile
As a newbie, I find this whole discussion very childish. Which one of these 40-something Barge owners bought a Barge in the last couple of months, so that they did not have time to grind back the value that Barge provided so far? If you did not have the Barge at all, would you have been in the same situation moneywise/PoBwise/"whatever Barge is used for"-wise? And if you got your value for your money, why are you complaining? And who said that the Barge won't provide value moving forward? It might be changed, it might be not; but all this drama is it really going to change anything? Will you guys convince the devs to leave the Barge as is if you do this (that is if they are indeed going to change it)?
(09-27-2023, 07:50 AM)IahimD Wrote: [ -> ]As a newbie, I find this whole discussion very childish. Which one of these 40-something Barge owners bought a Barge in the last couple of months, so that they did not have time to grind back the value that Barge provided so far? If you did not have the Barge at all, would you have been in the same situation moneywise/PoBwise/"whatever Barge is used for"-wise? And if you got your value for your money, why are you complaining? And who said that the Barge won't provide value moving forward? It might be changed, it might be not; but all this drama is it really going to change anything? Will you guys convince the devs to leave the Barge as is if you do this (that is if they are indeed going to change it)?
There's no point in not saying how barges change from the dev side - it's definitely a bit shady that people on the dev team with insider knowledge sell them when they know nerfs are coming without disclaimers, is as usual correct.
I agree. There might be no point in them not announcing it. They made 7 dev diaries so far, one more for this one could have brought everyone some clarity. But still, does all this change anything?
Also the person from dev team who sells the Barge: is he selling the Barge he owned for a while or is he reselling one he just bought in order to make profit?
(09-27-2023, 08:02 AM)IahimD Wrote: [ -> ]I agree. There might be no point in them not announcing it. They made 7 dev diaries so far, one more for this one could have brought everyone some clarity. But still, does all this change anything?

It actually does change everything. Because you won't buy a barge for some billions that you struggle to make and then wake up with a nerf barge that's worth nothing or much less than you paid.
1. You will find out in two days.
2. There's only rumors and hearsays so I won't tell you.
(09-27-2023, 08:10 AM)Vlad Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-27-2023, 08:02 AM)IahimD Wrote: [ -> ]I agree. There might be no point in them not announcing it. They made 7 dev diaries so far, one more for this one could have brought everyone some clarity. But still, does all this change anything?

It actually does change everything. Because you won't buy a barge for some billions that you struggle to make and then wake up with a nerf barge that's worth nothing or much less than you paid.

I understand that, but you bought it and then you (not you specifically, but you - the Barge owner) used the value the Barge provided for how long? Using a 5ker all this time would have been better if the Barge would go away and you would "lose" 15b?
Could someone in the know simply tell us if the barges are going to be nerfed or changed...

YES or NO

If yes, then what changes?
even i that i don't use mine, i'm concern with that. this is not like the london interdictor battlecruiser, that was a lend lease. 15billions, or like we say in my country and most europe, 15 thousands of million, is even too much for that ship, now imagine if it gets nerf ... this silience from the dev team is making even worse, because it is making the community believe that they are hidding something.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6