Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Finally made it.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey Guys,

apparently I was mistaken as a spambot three times in a row; glad it has worked now. (kudos to the admin who helped me out).

sooooo I just started playing freelancer again, but got bored by SP Campaign pretty fast and remembered that there were some mods around a couple of years ago. what I didnt expect was to find a community like this :laugh:

I already did some exploring through the systems but am somewhat overwhelmed by the complexity of this mod. I'd love to join a Player-Faction due to RP-play. Ah well I'll just list some questions I have.

(And yeah, I did already read the rules, the system laws and quite much of the lore thats around; not getting validated has its benefits;))

1. How to make money early on? Are Missions the way to go or is it a better idea to switch to a rhino or another low level transporter asap and do some small risk trading?

2. Is there any other way to get at least a neutral rep. with some outlaw factions early on without being forced to bribe or kill dozens of NPCs?

3. Is the SCRA still around? I didnt see any of them in the sys. channel and read that they stopped recruiting. They were one of the most interesting player factions imho.

4. any dwarf fortress player around? will the wretched and wicked humor you adapt while playing this gem get you kicked?

cant think of more atm.

I'm looking forward to play with you all.
hi welcome to the server.
Welcome!

1. I like missions, but I guess Rhino works. BOTH!

2. No :(
' Wrote:1. How to make money early on? Are Missions the way to go or is it a better idea to switch to a rhino or another low level transporter asap and do some small risk trading?

2. Is there any other way to get at least a neutral rep. with some outlaw factions early on without being forced to bribe or kill dozens of NPCs?

3. Is the SCRA still around? I didnt see any of them in the sys. channel and read that they stopped recruiting. They were one of the most interesting player factions imho.

4. any dwarf fortress player around? will the wretched and wicked humor you adapt while playing this gem get you kicked?
1. Trade, overall it is more profitable.

2. I believe you need to bribe and kill.

3. I am not sure on this one. I think SCRA may still be in the game, that is, I believe I have seen (from distance) some members in NY, but that was in 4.84 mod. Maybe they are not around anymore.

4. For this I cannot help you, since I seem to be too new for this. Never heard of that.
hi dude welcome to disco, and yes tradign and mining willbe the way to go money wise. SCRA still here and i guess they are recruiting
look at the recruitment threads
Well, welcome to Discovery. As I'm sure Tazuras will say within 2-3 hours at most, there is a link to the Discovery Newbies channel on Skype in his signature.
Well, in answer to your questions:
1. It's best to get a rhino and start trading, since the new buffed Rhino, sold on Erie, carries 225 cargo. If you mine helium and sell it, you can get a decent profit to start up with.

2. Unfortunately, Bribes and killing are the only way to go, seeing as the admins don't want traders running around neutral to all npcs. However, if you want an unlawful rep, some people will help you out by doing missions for you until you get it. I've done that in the past, but my rogue's name is a bit of a secret, so I can't tell you here.

3.The SCRA are still around, yes, and they got themselves a new shipline too. They aren't all that active, but they're still around.

4. No, seeing as I find ASCII games confusing at the best and with something that complex, I couldn't understand how to get anything to work.

Anyway, have a good time on the server and remember, beware of Mon'star, the Keepers, the nomads, Das Wilde, Phate, the Phantoms, the Xenos, the SCRA (yes, them) and the cabbage hunter.
Hello and welcome. As this is an RP server we have some pretty complex rules to make sure it stays that way and everybody has a pleasurable experience here. Be sure to read all the rules and obey them. Some are a little complex, reading sanction reports helped me gain a better understanding of many of them.

Since most of your questions have been answered already I think I will just leave them except for the making money one. There are many factions, most notably DSE, that are designed to help new players get started by providing them with large cargo ships. Many shipping companies also do this. Additionally in the employment office many players offer jobs for new players to help them make money. Also hanging around New York asking for employment works sometimes too, make sure to stay in RP though.

If you need help or have any questions you can always post on the forums. Additionally you can stop by the disco help channel where you can also meet a great group of friendly players who have a lot of experience here (link in sig). This is in skype which is the chat program of choice of this community, I highly recommend getting it if you plan on being active here. Also I have heard the link may not be compatible with some newer versions of skype, if this is the case just PM me your skype name if you want to check it out.

Most of all though, Have Fun!

PS. :P:P
Welcome!