Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hey There
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone.

A little about my history with FL: I played campaign for a good ammount of time until I got stuck with a ship that couldn't complete the mission and all the better ships that I could find were in enemy territory, I was too lazy to load a previously saved game so i quit for a while.

Then (Thank God) Someone gave me a link to DiscoveryFL. The Mods are the coolest things ever, and I love playing online. (Although my internet isn't good enough to play on the regular server I have to play on the US Server, where so far 20 people was the max I've seen on it lol)

Kinda sucks that the new version shuts off the Story offline. I think this game has one of the coolest plots/story I've seen in a while.

Glad to be here, hope to see you around! XD
Welcome!
Well, welcome to Discovery. I know what you mean about 4.85 shutting off SP, but there are reasons for that, namely that we turned the JG to Magellan (the one you used in SP to escape Liberty) into a JG to Penysylvania. Well, with Discovery, every faction has a ship which can mount class 10 guns, so don't just go for an Eagle or a Titan. Also, although you may see people with enormous ships flying around all over the place, they really aren't all that brilliant. A wing of decently piloted bombers can take down any capital ship the game can offer. Oh, read the rules and sometimes sanction threads to help you see how the rules are applied (the cruising=fleeing one also applies to chasing someone who is using thrusters with cruise).

Just a few last things, beware of Mon'star, the Keepers, the Nomads, Das Wilde, the Phantoms, the Xenos, the SCRA, Phate, *anything* Swarms (this can be anything from the BAF templar swarm, where occasionally killing a member of the BAF will end up with 8-10 templars heading out to gank you, to the LN indie cap swarm, where it's the same idea, only with gunboats, cruisers and the odd LABC) and the Cabbage Hunter
Thanks for those tips. I kinda got the idea about how just because its a BS doesn't mean its the best thing in the game (however it may be the coolest XD). I will however look forward to flying one XD Any tips on how to get there?

Also any tips on Trading right off the bat? Like where to go and what to trade? I'd rather learn from others experience than of my own. XD
Hey there!

If you want to play the Single Player campaign, you can still download Discovery 4.84 and play it.

Welcome and enjoy:)
' Wrote:Also any tips on Trading right off the bat? Like where to go and what to trade? I'd rather learn from others experience than of my own. XD

I'll give you a hint - small fortunes have been accumulated in the past via silver mining in a certain Liberty system.

Oh another tip - look out for the SCRA/Wilde/Keepers/Phantoms/Mon'star!

Welcome to the Insanity!
Welcome!