Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Civilian Carrier Bustard price.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I thought it was a bug, until some minutes ago a dev told me that it wasn't, but that it was intentional.

Of course, if it is intentional, it seems perfect to me, I have no intention of arguing against it, but could someone explain to me the reason why a ship that is practically described as "the carrier of those who cannot afford a carrier", is currently 4 times more expensive than a Liberty Carrier?

It just seems very curious to me, and I don't understand it, so I would appreciate it if someone who knows the reason why the price of this ship has multiplied by 7 after the patch, would comment here.

Thanks in advance.
Well, with the fixing of the Docking modules and buffed guns (it's now some sort of a BC-Carrier hybrid ?) it has gained a little bit more utility. Still, it is a steep price increase.
(10-15-2023, 02:58 PM)LuckyOne Wrote: [ -> ]Well, with the fixing of the Docking modules and buffed guns (it's now some sort of a BC-Carrier hybrid ?) it has gained a little bit more utility. Still, it is a steep price increase.

I have also seen that its class is now Battlecruiser, or at least that is how it appears in the ship seller tab. I imagine that it will have been improved in many aspects, which make it worthy of a significant price increase.

Even so, we are talking about it becoming the second most expensive ship in the game, by far, and far above any capital ship of any faction in the game, since none of them exceeds 8,300,000 SC. That's what's hard for me to understand.
Gameplay and money sink arguments. Bustards are factually open to all IDs and with quite viable combat capabilities following the rework, it was deemed a suitable candidate for a moneysink.
Want a cap on IDs which have none like FL etc? You better invest cash.
(10-15-2023, 03:27 PM)Emperor Tekagi Wrote: [ -> ]Bustards are factually open to all IDs.

Are they open to Gallic Factions without a 10% nerf?
Oh right. I forgot Gauls are unable to have Bustards.. why actually. Sure, Sirian tech but the huge sum could warrant an exemption tbh.
(10-15-2023, 03:29 PM)St.Denis Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-15-2023, 03:27 PM)Emperor Tekagi Wrote: [ -> ]Bustards are factually open to all IDs.

Are they open to Gallic Factions without a 10% nerf?

Didn't some of the original tech come from Planet Leeds?
Should be 100% nerf for what they did there.
well 10-15 mil would have been alot more acceptable.
(10-15-2023, 03:40 PM)Sam101 Wrote: [ -> ]well 10-15 mil would have been alot more acceptable.

Personally I agree.

I imagine that the reasons for the change in price are those that Tekagi has mentioned, it makes sense, really, although I do consider that a slightly less brutal price increase would have been less harmful. However, this is what we have, so if we want a Bustard, we'll have to make money.
one of those things where people who already had a bunch came out winners (like the kusari liner) and anyone else who was looking at one was given a middle finger because instead of making a new moneysink, they made an existing ship into one
shrug, lazy.
Pages: 1 2