Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Version 5.0 "Fire and Fortune" - Everything I LIKED
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I’ve made this post only to talk about the good things in this update in my personal opinion. I welcome all to post things that you enjoyed as well, Things that are awesome in this update and may be things that are in the right direction but might need some improvement/fine tuning. Ofcourse there are certain aspects I did not like or do not agree with, but I’d talk about it in the next post. Lets keep this thread truly wholesome and appreciate everything we liked about the update... kool?

-I tested as much as I could after the update. I was waiting for the patchnotes to be dropped and all of this would have been much easier, but perhaps the dev team is working on hotfixes and other stuff, perhaps that deserves more priority, so let’s begin anyways

-Well first things first, Thanks to all the dev team. It is amazing to see that this game gets so much love after all these years. The team has worked really hard for this massive update, for that you have my utmost respect. They deserve all the appreciation everyone can give. Thank you ?

-I like how the 2 billion cash cap problem was solved simply by dividing the the currency by 100. Now I don’t need to collect money on 2-3 different characters to get cap equipment/codeguns.

-I like the new docking module and mobile base system. The fact that docking another Player doesn’t result in PvP death could be very useful in large fights. Details mentioned here:- Dev Diary #4 - Mobile Docking

-I like the attention to detail given to new systems and the navigational hazards being reimplemented.
You can’t just ignore and fly through the cloud when the lady says “Warning - volatile gases <something>”. Kepler seems interesting although I couldn’t fully explore it. New systems seem awesome although I couldn’t fully explore them. Details mentioned here:- Dev Diary #7 - Hazards

::: PVE ENCOUNTERS:::
Damn. The PVE Encounters seem awesome. If you haven't found them yet, Just have a look at this

-Although I wasn’t able to win anyone of them. Perhaps I need more people to come along. Also there is some issue with spawns, like it is somewhat hard to spawn the PVE encounters, But I am pretty sure it is being worked on and fixed.

-But it would be cool if we could have the old BZs back as well. They players would have option to which one they wish to go to. I noticed NPC patrols spawning in Omicron Zeta and Orkney, but they are nowhere as close to the old battlezones.

::: Some small Improvements:::
-Certain small things like the Gun Timer/counter thing. You know the countdown on the right hand side which goes off when you fire the weapon. Earlier, In the previous patch if you press the fire button for a weapon with that counter, and the gun isn’t aligned properly, The timer would still go off causing frustration in middle of battle. Now the countdown won’t start unless the Gun fires. And that’s really nice. Kudos

-I like that Every house have their own special brawler type guns on their BS heavy. They appear pretty. Although I like the sound of the old Battleship Cerberus.

::: Capital Ships:::
-Now What I am gonna say might piss off a lot of people, but I don’t totally hate the new increased mass that the Capital ships have been given. I mean, Yeah it is quite frustrating to turn the ship around. Trade lanes could be pain in the ass, asteroids are even worse. And It does feel WarThunderish. But May be it should feel that way? Like come on, we are flying a massive space ship in a vacuum, it would have quite some inertia. It would take some time for the ship to respond to turns or to reach a complete stop once it has gained momentum. It feels somewhat more realistic than before.
But this is a game. So I think the Fun element should matter more than Realism.
Although I do agree with Sarosen, Like if you were going to nerf the capital ship mobility that hard? May be the turret traverse and arcs shouldn’t be so restrictive especially on battleships? Even with the new mechanics it should have been fun to play so I guess it needs more tuning and improvements.

::: Battlecruisers:::
-The way the Battlecruiser components fall off and the ship progressively takes more damage or loses certain capabilities, Damn That is Cool! What’s even cooler is, when these Components fall off, You can visually notice parts of your battlecruiser are busted. Damn. I like the attention to detail. You guys have really worked hard on them haven't you?.. It's freakin' AWESOME.

Broken Fire Control/Power Distributor thing

Broken Engines

-Again It does remind me of War Thunder. But You know what it also reminds me of?. Vanilla Freelancer.! Remember while engaging those Rheinland Gunboats in the story mode? “Trent! Target their engines! Those are their weakest points!”. I am so glad this was implemented that in the game after so many years. Now, The thing is It would be better if all capital ships had this mechanic. I understand, overhauling so many capital ships in the game is not easy. But then, this update could have been done in two parts, like in this part they could’ve released the battlecruisers without the components falling off mechanics, just the updated guns/thrusters and everything and in the next update may be all capital ships could have the component mechanism. But anyways, that’s just my opinion. I still think it is awesome that we have this mechanic in the game. Kudos!

-I like the SRP Dread-Battlecruiser Hybrid “Akhetaten”.

It looks great, Feels really powerful and the guy who flies it does RP very well. Kudos Tenshi

-Now That I think about it, I found the following two models in the game as well

Kusari "Ikazuchi" - class Prototype Destroyer

Outcast Light Carrier Prototype. It has a Rotating Shield Thing on top of it.

-Since the models are there in game and fully functional, They could be made accessible to the players in some way. That would be awesome.

::: Thrusters:::
-Finally New thrusters were added to Battlecruisers and also to Gunboats. They look AWESOME!. Whats even better is now I can CUSTOMISE the thrusters on Cruisers and Battlecruisrs! I love it!

Now I can look pretty when I am getting bodied by a swarm of Gunboats

::: Death Fuses :::
-After So many years we got the Death fuses back. I was so upset when they were taken down. I am glad that attention was given to them and they have been brought back.
And Now they look better than ever before. I dunno why. Is it because I was playing on a toaster back in the day, and I could finally afford to build a good pc now? Honestly I am not sure.

Even Snub explosions are spectacular now. Witness how the ship disintegrates.

The good old Turtle Death Fuse. I love how the green fire comes out of the middle.

-These Explosions make it feel Epic when you destroy a Capital Ship. It is AWESOME. PLEASE NEVER REMOVE IT AGAIN

::: Conclusion :::
Thank you for the efforts taken on the game. I appreciate the hard work.

Also
-I could not review Fighters coz I am not an expert. If you're a Snub expert/veteran, Please do post what you liked about the new changes
-I could not review the economy/trading/mining stuff. If you did, please post what you liked about the new changes
-Comments/Criticism/Feedback of my opinions as well as your own opinions are most welcome.

-Thank you for listening to me.

Post edited to bring image sizes into compliance ~Petitioner
Mizu is an awesome ship, thanks to for making it. It is currently only in 2 copies (mine and ). Maybe this model would be shared after some time, but I don't sure.
I think the forum needs to have a bright red banner about imgw and what it does.
Capital ships are good as they are now. They are meant to be slow, they are heavy ships after all. In the previous patch even the Rheinland Battleship was able to dodge simple shots and there is no way those shots to be dodged initially with huge target like that.
(10-24-2023, 03:30 PM)Dark Chocolate Wrote: [ -> ]-I like the SRP Dread-Battlecruiser Hybrid “Akhetaten”.

It looks great, Feels really powerful and the guy who flies it does RP very well. Kudos Tenshi

Seriously, thank you very much for the feedback! It warms my heart to know people enjoy the ship and my RP on it. Check my signature, it has some links you might enjoy reading, namely the "Information & Feedback" and "Ship Specifications" threads Smile

PS: Please use [imgw] for your pictures instead of [img], every picture on your post is oversized ᵃⁿᵈ ᵃᵍᵃⁱⁿˢᵗ ᶠᵒʳᵘᵐ ʳᵘˡᵉˢ Sad
  • I like 5.0 Sirius, I like Sigma-15 being integrated, I like the countless news articles that were written for 5.0, and I guess the endgame of Earheart is cool, even with its bugs/crashes.

• I wish for there to be more story/system changes, more story prompts for players to take initiative on, just more in general.

• The hype felt primarily aimed towards the balance and seamless QoL improvements which I didn't care for at all, so I guess it made all the unexpected story/system changes all the more welcome.

in regards to balance...

who balanced this? haste?
(10-24-2023, 03:30 PM)mod edit Wrote: [ -> ]Post edited to bring image sizes into compliance ~Petitioner

In the future, please simply use [imgw] tags without specifying a resolution on them for extraordinarily large images like these.
(10-24-2023, 06:19 PM)Petitioner Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-24-2023, 03:30 PM)mod edit Wrote: [ -> ]Post edited to bring image sizes into compliance ~Petitioner

In the future, please simply use [imgw] tags without specifying a resolution on them for extraordinarily large images like these.

My sincere apologies. I was trying to fix it and got confused, I don't forumlancer often. I will remember to use imgw next time. : )
this thread warmed my heart thank you