Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: [Models] Small asteroids bump you upwards in Omega-3 and Cambridge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Type: Systems
Bug: When cruising and hitting the small miscellaneous rocks, you sometimes displace and rotate upwards, which can fling you above plane, pointed up.

Reproduction Steps:
  • Bring a Golem to Omega 3. (EDIT: or Cambridge)
  • Cruise around between the trade lanes.
  • Keep mouse flight off.
It doesn't seem to matter if you're in free flight / dock / go to. I don't recall this happening to smaller ships.

Can't be sure about other systems with asteroids, maybe other people had a similar experience elsewhere.
Have tested it for 30-40 minutes now and can't reproduce the issue. Seems like the normal bonking you get with any other ship, too.

Do you have a video recording of that issue?
(12-09-2023, 05:45 PM)Sombs Wrote: [ -> ]Have tested it for 30-40 minutes now and can't reproduce the issue. Seems like the normal bonking you get with any other ship, too.

Do you have a video recording of that issue?

I will record any time I pass through in the future and report back.
Here are some examples:

Biggest one.
More due to post limit:

Oh, I misunderstood. I thought you got flung upwards, like with snubs bonking capitals pre 5.0

That seems to be an issue specific to the Golem, though, and possibly a few other models. Dynamic asteroids generally affect the alignment of ships, but it seems a bit excessive with the Golem in terms of going upwards. Nothing systems can really do about it as we can't remove all the dynamic asteroids (given they are for example used for mining).
I get in different systems anywhere mostly where there is small pebbles in space barge bumps up the whole time

Rheinland super train 5k one

Specially large ships like 5k's and big battleships bump up when hit small pebbles the nose point up to the air and go off coarse
I've tested this now on various ships and my theory is that this is related to the mass/inertia changes of 5.0. Moving a Nephilim through anything that has dynamic rocks is hilarious.
As the go-to wiggle bug got fixed with the addition of mass on capital ships, this issue of asteroids flipping a cap got more prominent. Most models are fine, but some will suffer a lot depending on their shape. Sadly this is unfixable without major changes to either dynamic asteroids or certain models.