Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: A question of Cruise Disrupters
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
According to the Discovery RP 24/7 rules:

5.6 If a player engages cruise engine or docks during a PvP fight, this player is considered fleeing. The fleeing player must leave and may not re-enter the system where the fight took place with any of the characters on his/her account(s) while the enemy (player or players involved in the fight) remains in the system, but no more than 4 hours.

However, the fleeing player can re-engage at will if chased.

Having read this, i was wondering about the use of cruise disrupters on fleeing ships.

Situation 1.

Pirate X: Hand over the money or die
Trader Y: No *enguages cruise engine*
Pirate X: Uses cruise disrupter

I believe this rule is very vague.

Because the trader has enguaged cruise engine according to rule 5.6 he/she is fleeing.

I dont know if this is just something i overlooked in the rules (I hope not, having read them many times)

What are the regulations of use of Cruise Disrupters in this case or any other case of fleeing players?
traders are not really included in the retreating rule - as they are also not included in the "re-engagement" rule.

they are meant to flee.

in general...:

when you re in a pvp, no matter how many ppl are involved. - the first one that engages his cruise drives charge-up is considered fleeing. regarding to the rules, he must NOT linger around and must leave the system ASAP ( that means on the fastest way possible ).

this player is still fleeing, as long as no one follows him. - he must NOT re-engage any other player in that system that was grouped / involved in that pvp. if these players make no attempt to chase.

even if players chase him, but give up after some time, he is still considered fleeing. - he can only re-engage those that activly and currently chase him. at the very time the first player activates his cruise, every enemy of that player can start to chase him. ( cruise ) - cause they have engaged cruise AFTER the fleeing char, they are not retreating, but chasing. ( shipclass is irrelevant there )

the chasing player can use any tricks to chase up. - that includes slingshooting ( team slingshot ) as well as E-kill + weaponfire. the retreating player can E-kill and defend himself - but as mentioned before... only those that chase him and only as long as they activly chase him. if they give up... he cannot return to the fight but must continue his peaceful retreat.

a thrusting player has a great advantage there. - thrusting is NOT automaticly retreating. - so a fighter can thrust out of a warships weaponrange and the warship MUST NOT engage cruise to catch up. there is still no clear rule at what range a thrusting enemy is retreated - but to be safe... if an enemy thrusts away.... simply ignore him.

traders are different. - traders can come back after being killed, they can also retreat and must NOT leave the system for 4 hours. - that is ... as long as they are really trading. if they are hunting pirates - they "should" be down to the usual pvp rules.
Ok thsnks for the explain
Spot on post Jinx. Just to be extra clear a trader is allowed to return provided he's just moving between point A and point B with the intent to sell goods at point B. If he's looking for a rumble he's subject to the PvP rules and should act accordingly.

If you pirate someone's trader or they flee from you during a piracy encounter, they cannot then switch to another ship with the intent to kill you, their trader is not subject to the 4 hour rule per se but every other character they have is subject to it. Traders cannot win a piracy encounter except by blowing up the pirate, which is often not worth trying.