Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Immediate disconnection on all characters/accounts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been trying to login to the game today. Every time I try, no matter which account or character, I get disconnected immediately after connecting and seeing the game load up. I only get the standard message that there is a problem with the connection, but all other connections work fine and I can see the server in all the lists and I can get online without any issues.

Since this is happening on all my accounts, it might be an IP issue, but I'm not sure yet.
Guessing you did check your antivirus to see if it tried to quarantine one of your DLLs?

Also tried VPN to double check if its network?
Same as above. Thought it was an issue with my game copy since I've migrated over to a new PC yesterday. Nope, it appears to be random. Not an Antivirus thing, cap fix dll and such are there. Not a router or VPN related issue either.

Did not happen yesterday. Only did so today. I noticed whilst reinstalling today (as possible solution) that the patch server was also very slow, needing almost 20 mins to feed me 20mb.
I've noticed the route my connection takes sometimes goes through an area with network instability (oddly enough, it's usually in Egypt for me). There could be something in-between you and the server having an issue or flapping (network interface going up and down due to hardware or protocol failure).

If you do a tracert (via cmd prompt or Powershell) to the server (95.217.88.9) you may be able to see where the issue lies between you and the server. Unfortunately, a lot of time you just have to wait until the issue is resolved if this is the case. Most of the time when I experience this I just fire up a VPN to get around the problem but I realize not everyone has that access.

Then again, it could also be something with the server itself, but being that most people are able to connect fine, I suspect it's something between you guys and the server if not a corrupted install or antivirus complication.
Kauket Wrote:Guessing you did check your antivirus to see if it tried to quarantine one of your DLLs?

Also tried VPN to double check if its network?

I've never had to use a VPN. I don't have one now, and I don't want to buy one. I couldn't find a free one.
Antivirus and firewall have freelancer.exe as an exception, and there isn't any DLLs missing. The game seems to be loading just fine. It's the loading of the multiplayer that won't work. I can get online and my modem is stable and connected at 1000Mb/s. Ping in the server selection screen says 122 which is pretty good compared to the usual 130 or higher.

I use only Windows Defender, I don't have another antivirus since this is just a personal pc.

Leo Wrote:If you do a tracert (via cmd prompt or Powershell) to the server (95.217.88.9) you may be able to see where the issue lies between you and the server. Unfortunately, a lot of time you just have to wait until the issue is resolved if this is the case. Most of the time when I experience this I just fire up a VPN to get around the problem but I realize not everyone has that access.

Then again, it could also be something with the server itself, but being that most people are able to connect fine, I suspect it's something between you guys and the server if not a corrupted install or antivirus complication.

I found this with tracert on 95.217.88.9:
The 4th, 5th, and 11th lines were blank with Request Timed Out and the 6th entry didn't have the first entry of ms but had the last 3 populated properly. It would appear that there are problems outside of my internet connection between me and the server and possibly the rest of the internet. I had the same problem with 4th, 5th when I tracert google at 8.8.8.8.

I will try again later today after I've run all my errands.
Still the same problem. Got a patch that was 61MB and it took about a minute to download and install. Went on the game, and insta-kick! Confused
This is all fixed. Defender quarantined, blocked and then deleted the
Code:
file: C:\Users\***\AppData\Local\Discovery Freelancer 5.00.8\EXE\CapitalClassFixes.dll
So it was the very first suggestion made, and I missed it on the first go round. Thanks everyone for all the help.