Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: "Cargo hold is over the authorized capacity" - Docking denied
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As a Zoner I finally managed to purchase the best transport ship for this fraction - The Whale.

While docking to all three bases in Baffin without any problem I ran in a big one when trying to dock at Cambridge Research Station as well as at the mooring facility of Planet Cambridge.

I successfully managed to dock there previously with another cargo-5000- transport, meaning I tested it carefully before.

But with the Whale I just receive the Error message "Cargo hold is over the authorized capacity" - "Docking denied"

While the second line of the message would rather indicate that docking is allowed and I did successfully dock. Which is super confusing as obviously incorrect.

The cargo hold is not completely full (3600 of 5000) so it doesn't have anything to do with my current cargo.

And of course I do have a Zoners ID aboard that is active and correct.

I didn't alter anything of this ship. So it's currently _super frustrating_ that I'm completely *stuck*.
(12-23-2023, 01:27 AM)PH-Friend Wrote: [ -> ]But with the Whale I just receive the Error message "Cargo hold is over the authorized capacity" - "Docking denied"

While the second line of the message would rather indicate that docking is allowed and I did successfully dock. Which is super confusing as obviously incorrect.

The error message indicates the opposite - docking is not allowed. Did you successfully dock or not?

Zoners are not supposed to be docking in house space with a ship that can carry more than a certain amount of cargo, if memory serves.
Check your ID, it should say:
Quote:- Cannot dock Cruisers, Battleships, or ships with more than 3600 cargo space in House Space except Pennsylvania.
Yes, what a pretty ugly surprise. Thanks for the explanation.

So I swallowed the bait like a real n00b...

Now back to my problem: when running the Whale - is it allowed to go with the OSI ID? Or Zoners ID only?
You should be a member of OSI to fly on OSI id ship
(12-23-2023, 10:24 AM)PH-Friend Wrote: [ -> ]So I swallowed the bait like a real n00b...

Me too Smile
It is always prudent to read the limitations on your ID.
(12-23-2023, 02:01 PM)St.Denis Wrote: [ -> ]It is always prudent to read the limitations on your ID.

You are so right, Sir!