Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Reputation of Fractions and IDs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings,

I encountered for several times the problem that the reputation of a fraction to all other fractions seems to be completely different than the reputation of the ID of this fraction.

So I'm really stunned cause now it's a pure try and error method to find a fraction's ID that really fits to my needs.

Thought I can find a matching ID according to the FLStat fraction's list, but _nope_.

Is this intended or did I mess something up?

After purchasing the ID and selling the old ID I did /droprep and re-logged, didn't perform any rep hacks and have completely different reputation entries than the original fraction.

I'm clueless...

Maybe cause I'm a n00b... idk
Freelancer id has no rep hacks aside from nomads and AI.

Also when you buy a new ID your rep isn't entirely reset. Do /resetrep for 100k to reset your rep to 0 and only leave applied rephack
/resetrep would set a reputation equal to your ID. Some factions are fixed for IDs to prevent all green and etc.
Thank you for your advices.

So I did /resetrep, got kicked, re-logged and found that most of the reputations were set to zero, several remained red.

Partially the red and neutral values are according to the fraction's reputations, but some are really different.

Ok, I can purchase rep hacks to adopt to my needs but still I try to understand which connection is to the fraction's reputation list.

Seems for me that for the IDs a different list is used than the reputation list that is displayed by FLStat.

Which is - again - a pitty.
https://lh.discoverygc.com/software/transponder

Although this is technically outdated, it should give you a good idea of what ID forces what rep
Thank you and yes - I have checked this.

But for me as a n00b it was not transparent if this is related to overall reputation (players and NPCs) or just RPG.

Now I know a bit more. So there is a additional reputation system that overrules the reputation set that is visible within FLStat.

I can understand this from a technical point of view as changes within the reputation system can be done without a client patch.

But anyway... it's confusing me.

What i definitely like is how quick I get good answers to my ... well... n00b questions. So again - thank you all for your patience and kindness!
The reputation you see is related to the NPC behaviour and how it acts ingame. How they'll aggro based on empathy, who they shoot, who they pirate and what missions you can do against npcs, how much reputation you get for killing certain npcs.

IDs, will rephack the players reputation towards the npc group. The common ones are friendly rephacks (mostly native faction or hard to maintain ones), neutral, 'no dock' and hostile.
There are a few oddities....

Like as an OC, if you shoot enough IMG and CR, you'll get very friendly rep with gallic royalists...

I'm certain this isn't intended.
Its like this for years now... When i did kill B hunters in my Order ship my rep to the Corsairs has dropped down!
I did like better when rep was fixed!