Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Trader loophole: Admin needed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

[19:23:03] Spazzydragon says: if the trader is a trader of an enemy faction, who are KOS, may we simply destroy him providing the RP ofcourse..
[19:23:11] Spazzydragon says: [18:48:33] Spazzydragon says: [AoF][T]Botany_Bay 71 California Firefly
[AoF][T]Zomane 69 Leeds Border Worlds Transport
[19:23:21] Spazzydragon says: the AOF are attacking LR-s on their characters
[19:23:35] Spazzydragon says: http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=37600
[19:23:41] Spazzydragon says: and heres the post...
[19:27:09] Spazzydragon says: 6.17 Owners of Pirate IDs have a right to attack:

- Military/Police
- Bounty Hunters
- Trader ships that do not pay for passage
- Unfriendly pirates
[19:27:16] Spazzydragon says: but what about unfrendly traders
[19:29:28] Spazzydragon says: 6.19 Pirates have a right to deal as much damage as they see fit before or after demanding money from a trader ship, but killing trader ship before demanding money or cargo is not allowed.

So what i get is that..if they see us log on..they switch to their traders and we can't touch them...?

A clarification of this should be given asap, as, if we did misinterpret the rules, we have an apology to make to one of those traders.
I brought this up a long time ago.. The rules protect traders a little too heavily in terms of pvp. A transport can come, fight us, die, then come back again and shoot us once more because they are immune to the 'you die, you stay out of the system' rule.

Yes, especially if its a dual CB armoured trans.

Now, the question here is, if given the roleplay, the diplomatic post and warning, may the faction attack the other faction's traders without demanding money or cargo, ofcourse giving the reason and RPing before the engagement.
http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9723
Quote:* Ageira Technologies, Interspace Commerce, [IND] : should have their entire cargo loads confiscated or destroyed. Tax them according to the general guidelines ONLY if they have no cargo.
The hackers have the solution, just be harder than you are with the normal traders !

Since no traders like to leave complete cargo, you will have to kill them.

Joe, give me a sign..since Hood just poofled from the thread..if i did wrong, then an apology and compensation of this attack will be given.
' Wrote:I brought this up a long time ago.. The rules protect traders a little too heavily in terms of pvp. A transport can come, fight us, die, then come back again and shoot us once more because they are immune to the 'you die, you stay out of the system' rule.

Even if they're flying a transport, anyone who -initiates- a pvp battle is subject to normal pvp rules. If a trader opens fire on someone, that trader is no longer considered a trader, they're considered a pvp combatant, if they die they cannot re-enter the system for the four hours as per pvp rules.

At least, that's what I was told when I brought it up a while back.
It is and always was, to my knowledge, allowed for people to attack members of a certain faction, no matter what their ship type is, if the diplomacy of those two factions is hostile.

Now if RP was done on the forum, some sorta ultimatum given, a hostile state declared, I don't see why you'd not be allowed to attack them without first trying to pirate them.

Thank's for the info, Swift, tho *shrug* It's just an odd loophole if quoting the rules.
Traders are exempt from the 4 hour rule, but not the re-engagement rule as far as I know. They can defend themselves if you attack them again though.

Not sure on the hostile faction front, but it makes sense to blow up their traders too if they are hostile.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5