Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Forward Guns
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
After searching around in FL stats, i recognized that none of the Forward Cannons/Guns of either Cruiser or Gunboat are sold anywhere. You can only get them if you buy the ship. Why that? If you loose it in a battle and don't notice it as you fought against fighters and couldn't use it, and then dock, your screwed. You can't get another one without buying a new ship.
Couldn't they be sold on one base in the Guard systems? (One base for each that is).
You can buy every gun anywhere. But not those.
And if someone wants to mount them on their fighter/bomber, shall they, they can't fire them, so what is the poin of not having them for sale somewhere?

Note: I'm not a friend of Leyte, his sanction just gave me the idea for this.
One base maybe, point was that in the past people used to buy different forward guns and mount them on their own GBs, something that shouldn't be happening.
it IS a problem though... just recently, a sanction resulted in the removal of all guns - with some equipment being non-replacable, such a sanction appears to be "unfair". as the person is punished permanently or has to fully repurchase his ship, which is a much more severe punishment then.

the guns should be sold - at least in the guard systems
' Wrote:One base maybe, point was that in the past people used to buy different forward guns and mount them on their own GBs, something that shouldn't be happening.
Just add to the infocard that it should only be found on the appropriate ship, then. Problem solved?

I'd say just put them on the same base that sells the ship. It's the most sensible spot anyway.
placing it in the guard system would solve the problem of people mixing and matching guns. Someone with the Bretonian AF guard wont be able to buy the Liberty Forward guns and so on....
-could- any vessels but the ones intended to use them employ the weapons in question?

I mean, hypothetically I could load my Eagle up with Liberty Forward Cannons but I'm not sure I could pump the bike pedals fast enough to fire 'em.
this would be a good idea.

i mean having forward guns in gaurd systems.
' Wrote:-could- any vessels but the ones intended to use them employ the weapons in question?

I mean, hypothetically I could load my Eagle up with Liberty Forward Cannons but I'm not sure I could pump the bike pedals fast enough to fire 'em.

Sure they could, you could load GB forward guns on a cruiser... Maybe...

But yeah, I think they should be available at one guard station each. I also think they should cost around half the price of the ship. Maybe a third if you want to be nice. But half the price of the ship is what someone would have to pay to get one back now:

make new char
buy same ship
transfer forward gun
sell ship at half of original value minus value of gun.

So this would just save people a bunch of hassle, but still cost them about the same amount of money.
' Wrote:Sure they could, you could load GB forward guns on a cruiser... Maybe...
Forward cannons are guns, not turrets. So the only cruisers that could mount them are the ones that already have access to a stronger alternative.

I think we definitely do need a place to sell them, not for the benefit of people who get sanctioned and lose them, but for the people who genuinely lose them in combat, or to radiation or something. Either that or make the forward guns have more HP than a cap 8 version of the ship, so your ship will always die first.
' Wrote:One base maybe, point was that in the past people used to buy different forward guns and mount them on their own GBs, something that shouldn't be happening.

With this reason, you could stop the selling of each and all guns. So please come up with a better one. Not to sound rude, but that's a fact in my eyes. There have been enough people flying around with lets say Gallian guns while they should not.

And sure, you could mount a Lib GB FG on a Lib C. But why should you? Same with the Dragon GB/C and guns. You can shoot more often with your other turrets, or mount more powerful turrets then, but both Cruisers with FW guns have less turrets than other C, so you shouldn't do it. (unless you're abit... well.)

Also, when I had my Rheinland GB, I couldn't buy any other gun for the Forward gun in the Guard system. Not a Hornviper or Flamecurse.

I'm not sure if it's doable, but wouldn't you be able to solve the problem with the boys mounting let's say a Lib FW gun on an Orca server-wise? I mean something recognises that you're not use the correct gun, and kicks you out of the server.

On the other hand, if the Forward guns get sale points in some update, you can do them so you need full Guard rep to buy them (they really shouldn't be sold anywhere else than Guard systems). So if a Hunter would want to buy a Lib FW gun, he'd have to rep his char to full Guard rep. And I'd say that is somewhat OoRP.

You can also talk to those who mount other FW guns than allowed about that it is OoRP. In the last instance, if they don't give in and get the proper gun, you can report them for OoRP.

Edit: : Sure you can get your Eagle GB FW guns. But you can't fire them. Not even a bomber can do so, they need too much energy. So that should not be a problem.
Pages: 1 2