Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: 'Thread-an-admin' sub-forum?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This suggestion is based on the method sanction reports are handled. We post, and only the admins can see the contents and post into the thread.

This idea is for moderators and administrators to respond to requests, questions and other unauthorized threads that is usually directed at the admins and mods when PM's have already been used.

The benefits of this is that the admin and mod inbox will not be flooded and 'locked' full when they come on. Also, it is a good way for mods and admins to take care of the requests without us interring with the thread, and pool their knowledge.

Why PM many people the same question, when you can just post a thread?

A nice bonus would be that the author can still see and post into the thread they created.

Feedback?
PM/Skype works fine for me.

If we need to talk something over we have skype.
' Wrote:PM/Skype works fine for me.

If we need to talk something over we have skype.
Not everyone has access to Skype, nor does everyone who does have Skype have an admin or moderator on their contacts list, unfortunately. PM inboxes fill up rather quickly as well. I don't see the downside to this idea other than it's a change which some may perceive as pointless yet which others may think of as quite useful.
if my inbox fills up I'd be astoundad. I'm astounded if it gets 1/4 full.
Heh. Maybe I'm just lazy or far too conservative when it comes to PMs received:P. Anyway, I dunno. One way or another I have a few mods and admins on Skype, as I'm too lazy to write up PMs, and on that same note threads if this idea was accepted. I think it was already proposed and shot down, though. Not sure.
Admin and Mod Pm boxes have capacity for 400 messages, cleaning them out once a week prevents them getting full.

My Pm box is never locked unless I am going away for a spell, so if you see me posting on the forums I'm available for PM's.
*cough*

Read first, post later?
' Wrote:*cough*

Read first, post later?
I ain't telepathic man.:unsure:
' Wrote:I ain't telepathic man.:unsure:
he aint ...:P