Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Board problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
As we had a transition from old to new version of the board, i thought to create this thread to post the problems you found with the board...

My bug:

--I think that the "view new posts" command is not working properly.
It gets me old posts and sometimes, new posts are omitted...
Anyone else with the same problem?
I was just about to hit 'Post New Topic' when I noticed this. Anyway, here's a little bug - the lower blue line is in a wrong place (me and aesthetics, I know, it's a professional deformation, what can I do?). Here's the pic of what I mean:
[attachmentid=1044]

Second thing... fonts, can the fonts in the posts be smaller? like they are in the 'editing' and on the 'news' posts at the portal page (but light gray is OK, don't make it cyan).

As for 'View New Posts', it was acting weird on me even before the change. Try marking all posts as read, logoff and come back (Microsoft's favorite:lol:) that should fix it for some time... worked for me.

edit: I just noticed that clicking on the pic attachment opens the pic in another tab in firefox 2 (it always did that, I know) but now you see what you're supposed to - the pic.:D
edit: 'quick edit' is a nifty thing and I just got a nice surprise - a PM just popped up to be seen, very nice...

one more: the 'sidebar' or 'side menu' in the personal messenger when you're reading a message is too narrow
These problems are primarily CSS-related.

Nightfall and I are working on a Freelancer-esque style theme, but I can't guarantee i'll get anywhere. I'm also trying to get Discovery's old forum skin back.
' Wrote:These problems are primarily CSS-related.

Nightfall and I are working on a Freelancer-esque style theme, but I can't guarantee i'll get anywhere. I'm also trying to get Discovery's old forum skin back.

Puttin' my shotgun away. Sound'l like Santa's elves are on the job.

(Not Eris's ELFs... they hate jobs.)
I really miss my "UP"-Button.

It was such a cool tool. No need to scroll or let the side-bar run up.
It took some time (sometimes) but it was much faster.

The rest of the new skin: nice, maybe there is a bit to get used to, but nice
Using the Blue Solution skin... still getting a line through the column headers. But only on page 2 in the "Today's Active Topics".
I miss the old skin!... But, that's about it...
Old skin has returned (Deep Blue), if you haven't already noticed.

It still has some flaws, but hardly anything notable. I fixed most of it:)
Thank you Igiss!:D

So happy, now!:)
"View new Posts" -> "Get last post" : No longer gets you the "last" post, but the last page of posts.

I seem to recall in the old version the link was indeed anchored to the most recent post, not the top of the page...

Any fixes?
Pages: 1 2