Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Guns not working?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi
I just bought a Pelican Armoured Transport and the gun energy drops and stays dropped so I cant return fire?????
Why could this be?
Vardek
More than likely it is the incompatibility between your ID and the guns.

ie having a Freelancer ID and using Liberty Navy guns.
As St.Denis said, we have a plugin called "techcompat" on the server that tries to ensure players are using technology the faction they belong to (determined by their ID) is using appropriate gear. For example, we don't want Outcasts flying Liberty Navy gunboats with Corsair guns.

What ID are you using? Do you get a small message in green in your chat window when you undock? If so, what's it say?
Hi Petitioner
Thanks for the reply,I have a Rheinland Military I.D and I get no green writing message warning of any incompatibility,but when in battle the
guns work ok for a while but then the yellow energy bar falls to nothing and stays that way and I get blown up! because I cannot fire any guns!
Please help
Vardek.
What ship are you using and what is your equipment?
Some transport shields used to need a lot of power to regenerate, I don't know if that's still the case.
Hi
My Ship is a Pelican Civilian Armoured Transport,my guns are 2x Venomspitters Mk 2,2x Dulzian Transport Turrets, 1xTransport Pulse Turret,
2x Heavy Flashpoint Turrets, and 2x Iron Hammer Transport Turrets, and a Hornet Cruise Disruptor and a Fortress CM Dropper.
An Heavy Transport Graviton Shield,an Armoured Thruster and a CE-Ta Engine Mk1.
I hope this info will help!
Thanks
Vardek
(03-10-2024, 09:04 PM)Thunderer Wrote: [ -> ]Some transport shields used to need a lot of power to regenerate, I don't know if that's still the case.

(03-10-2024, 09:08 PM)vardek Wrote: [ -> ]Hi
My Ship is a Pelican Civilian Armoured Transport,my guns are 2x Venomspitters Mk 2,2x Dulzian Transport Turrets, 1xTransport Pulse Turret,
2x Heavy Flashpoint Turrets, and 2x Iron Hammer Transport Turrets, and a Hornet Cruise Disruptor and a Fortress CM Dropper.
An Heavy Transport Graviton Shield,an Armoured Thruster and a CE-Ta Engine Mk1.
I hope this info will help!
Thanks
Vardek

Yeah, that'd be the case. The Heavy Transport Shields eat 3000 power per second to regenerate their health, and the Pelican coincidentally has 3000 power regeneration per second. So once your shields start taking hits, they alone eat up all of your power output to regenerate. You need to either get a beefier ship or downgrade to a Medium or Light shield.
I'd prefer using the Light Transport shields, since they use no power drain.
Hi all
Thanks to you all,I changed to a medium shield and all seems ok now.
I didnt think of the sheild energy draining the guns!
THX
Vardek