Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: PvE Encounters - Your convenient Overview
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Heya guys.

I know that most of you are aware of the PvE Encounters introduced with version 5.0, though it is a bit tedious to look up for Titan's Dev Diary every time you think about them, right? And I suspect new people will not dive into the development sub-forum, so here a little stolen™ Encounter overview which I will keep updated for everyones convenience.

Wait, you did not know about PvE Encounters yet? Go ahead and read some fancy in-depth background on them by the man who made them for us, . and also helped making NPCs more enjoyable which allows for these Encounters to exist in the first place, so massive kudos to them!

You don't want to bother with the background and just wonder "Why do they exist?" - Mainly for fun in groups of 2-3 people (It is advisable to have at least one Capital Ship in your group), to farm Military Salvage for your Player Base needs and as effective tool to make some cash on the side while enjoying the challenge. (Approximately 600.000 to 1 million, depends on the encounter a bit) Be sure to tractor in those Credit Cards after your battle is over!

Encounters
As of March 2024, these are the current encounters:
  • Magellan
  • Cortez
  • Omicron Theta
  • Manhattan Atmosphere
    - Location: C-5, on same plane with "Back To Space" - LPI Encounter
  • Tau-23
  • Sigma-15
  • Omega-3
  • Dresden
  • Hokkaido
  • Tohoku

"Okay cool list but I am in this sector and where the hell are the NPCs now?"
Worry not, it gets more precise: Open your NavMap ingame, go for political map and set it to display hostile. It should look like this example linked.

Now go out there and show these NPCs who the real boss is!

Pinned for ease of reference.
Thanks for this, I had no clue about half of these
Does anyone know the rough $/hr you get from grinding these?
I'm not sure how helpful a notion this is but you make around 350k/~15 minutes in the T-23 Outcast one vs transports/bombers in a pair.