Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Missles....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well I fly around in Disco and I saw these monster kick arse missles for GB's with no ammo limitation..... Interesting.... why not utilize all the extra missles classes for GB's.
Can we do that?....and limit GB's to 70 ammo as well ?
Could we make them GB class missles? or Limit missle class 1 through 5 for fighters and 6 through 10 for Caps.
I know devs would hate this idea cause its a lot of repetitious and bitchy work. eh... well... it was a nice thought.
I will go find my Ritulin...
Devs won't hate it, they just can't do it. There is no such thing as missile class, or (from a different point of view) it's the same thing as gun class. Guns and missiles are the same thing for hardpoints. With gunboats it is turrets and missile turrets.
All those classes seem full.
' Wrote:Well I fly around in Disco and I saw these monster kick arse missles for GB's with no ammo limitation..... Interesting.... why not utilize all the extra missles classes for GB's.
Can we do that?....and limit GB's to 70 ammo as well ?
Could we make them GB class missles? or Limit missle class 1 through 5 for fighters and 6 through 10 for Caps.
I know devs would hate this idea cause its a lot of repetitious and bitchy work. eh... well... it was a nice thought.
I will go find my Ritulin...

you should also try out those missiles on a gunboat and realize how much energy they use. The BH gunship's energy is almost fully depleted by a single missile shot.

Right Tenacity.
Only real way a Gunboat Missile can be over used like they were in 4.84, is if they are now placed on a BC Powerplant.
Quote:Only real way a Gunboat Missile can be over used like they were in 4.84, is if they are now placed on a BC Powerplant.
I'm not complaining either way, but that's not true at all. Missiles now do more damage, have better tracking, and can still be spammed religiously with one equipped.

Quote:The BH gunship's energy is almost fully depleted by a single missile shot.
Also, no... I fly one, and know for a fact that you can fire two simultaneously by themselves; draining your entire core.
To me it doesn't make that much sense. GB missiles already got their energy usage increased which reduced spamming, but adding cargo limitations is just taking it too far. Besides, capital ships are MUCH bigger than fighters, why does it make sense that they would be only able to carry 70 of a missile?
' Wrote:Besides, capital ships are MUCH bigger than fighters, why does it make sense that they would be only able to carry 70 of a missile?
What about those ships that are in the movies in Star Trek? They ARE big, and they have limited numbers of salvos, so it is safe to say they CHOOSE to limit their numbers of pewpew firing against enemy ships.

But then again... You could also just RENAME the missile turrets into Photon Missiles/Torpedoes, thereby explaining why those turrets drain your energy core like a woman with her husband's credit card (no offense to any women in the forums).
We could also choose to disregard Star Trek and keep it the way it is, which reduces spamming, yet still allows for more reasonable use.
It makes little sense that a ship the size of a Fighter can carry 70 missiles easily, yet a capital ship that's upwards of 10x bigger than a fighter, can only carry 70 as well? Battlecruisers and Battleships are so massive I think its' completely void how much ammunition they can carry. The number would be so astronomical its' not worth changing. I can imaging Cruisers and Gunboats having far less, but still a number far too large to be important.

Not only that, but capital ships for the most part only have one kind of missile, which means if they mount two, their munitions' longevity is effectively halved.

The variable for how much ammo can be carried by ship is constant for everything, missiles, mines, CDs. Change one, you change them all. While it is possible to make certain munitions take up say, 1/10th of a cargo space and allowing you to carry more than 70, that too is universal, meaning if a bomber killed a battleship etc. carrying 500 missiles (for examples sake) they would be able to tractor them into their tiny fighter. Sense? Not so much.