Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Data expunged
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Data expunged
Welcome to Discovery's cesspit, New York is one of if not the most affected system in the game of the lolwut syndrome.

Would be nice for a simpler solution, but we just gotta put up with it.
theres also sigma13 or now omega 3 as sig 13 has moved=pbut seriously theres alsl been an influx of ZOMG PEW PEW PEW random dead guy" was there engagement in that truck?"
Truck" yeah engageing xyz now leave system u daiedor i sanction you//"
This kind of behaviour always occurs, no matter which part of Sirius you are in. It is not a problem localised in New York. However, you do see a lot more of this kind of behaviour more frequently in places of a higher population density. These places seem to be Liberty, Omicron Gamma, Omicron Minor and most recently Omega-3. Sometimes I hear Omicron Alpha can get pretty bad, too.

In short, expect this sort of thing. It is unfortunate, but you choose to operate in one of the 'hazard areas' so do not expect it not to happen to you. This is the internet, after all, and many people act without thought or consequence.

From your example, I would venture to guess that the Corsair and LN were friends from outside the game, or from with in a faction. Also, the fact the Corsair was in Liberty is completely OORP. The Corsairs have no influence there and it is outside of their ZOI. It's becoming all too frequent and I think it needs to be made clear to the Corsair player base that Liberty is not a place they are allowed to be.
These things come in waves, NY being the focal point of new players attracts the most. You may wonder how someone can aquire a Gunboat and be so ignorant or the fact its an RP server, but we also have battleships flying around without knowledge of the rules. To get a Battleship takes considerable effort, amazing they can be on the server that long and learn nothing.

NY is the worst but there are plenty others, New Berlin had been bad recently when the RM are not around. Many times I have seen this in Gamma etc. Anywhere a number of players gather, someone new comes along, starts begging for cash, lol'ing, shooting without warning and just generally being new. Breathe deep and feel sorry for the people that actually try to RP in these places.

The Admins do what they can without payment and through love of the game, I wouldnt want to do what they do.
Most people start the game in NY / Penny and operate there. I don't know if server allows it but give new players an option (not from Mod activation menu, it really gets messed up sometime to tweak that) while creating a new char to where to start (if possible) and so, the people will spread and not group in one system.

Only an idea. When I was new, I hanged around Liberty a lot as well. I didn't lolwut but I did hang there for a while before I understood the dynamics of the Disco world.

Only an idea.
' Wrote:Most people start the game in NY / Penny and operate there. I don't know if server allows it but give new players an option (not from Mod activation menu, it really gets messed up sometime to tweak that) while creating a new char to where to start (if possible) and so, the people will spread and not group in one system.

Only an idea. When I was new, I hanged around Liberty a lot as well. I didn't lolwut but I did hang there for a while before I understood the dynamics of the Disco world.

Only an idea.

The way the mod is at present, Liberty is the best place for newcomers to Disco. Step into the other houses and try to rep up in a starflea is a recipe for disaster.
LPI tend to beat such people upside the head repeatedly with a night stick, then throw them in a mental institution. Sadly, there was a breakout in the Bellevue, and a bunch of crazies escaped. We're working on that now, please be patient.

:D
Same thread different day. Try and make a group with them and teach em the finer points. Been using my LABC a few times lately to group with a pack of defenders and work em through all of liberty. Have actually been having a good time with the newguys.
Welcome to New York Magnarot!

Fast in, faster out, that's my motto for it.
Pages: 1 2