Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: A gunboat doesnt have a prayer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
A gunboat doesnt have a prayer against a lone bomber...
The gunboat is the smallest of the capital ships and all its good for is fighting VHF npcs. As they are they have no place in PC RP.
As replied to in your other topic, you're wrong. Bombers can easily beat -bad- gunboats, just like they can beat -bad- fighters. An average gunboat would give it hell though.
Depends on what gunboats and what bombers are used. And the skill of each.
gunships rule.

i can take down other gunboats, and bombers.
Well then let's resolve that!

Gunboat Prayer

May my razors fly true
To verily pwn you
May every supernova miss
With bombers my missiles will kiss
May the 2 mils run thick
As my gunboat turns tricks

Mahala!
' Wrote:
May my razors fly true
To verily pwn you
May every supernova miss
May the 2 mils run thick

Noted.
Gunboats had a major change of roles in 4.85. I think people are just having difficulty adjusting, learning new ways to fly and what load outs work. Give it time, and someone will figure it out, but if you keep flying a Gunboat now like you did last version you won't get very far.
An average bomber pilot cannot physically solo an average Gunboat/ship, unless he wants to risk insta-killing himself. Trust me, the shield pops long before most bombers can refire, and getting it down again while still saving the energy to fire again is a pain in the arse. Gunboats can easily tear apart your average bomber, especially with their infinite missiles with godlike tracking.

Let me justify this, gunBOATS (orca for example) fail against any bomber, which has a tcd.
GunSHIPS (Like the bhggs) are pwn machenes, since their geometry is quite flat, horozontal strafe is good and missiles hurt.
' Wrote:Well then let's resolve that!

Gunboat Prayer

May my razors fly true
To verily pwn you
May every supernova miss
May the 2 mils run thick

Mahala!
You sir have just made my day.

As was mentioned before its about skill. Either way a good bomber can take out a worse gunboat pilot or a good gunboat pilot can take out a worse bomber pilot. Equipment has some effect. For instance in my opinion a bomber with a razor and supernova has less chance against a gunboat than a bomber with a TCD and supernova.
Pages: 1 2 3