Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Question about ID's
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I am a bit confused about the ID's.

I have a freelancer ID myself, and i killed a person with a Lane Hacker ID. I shoot him on sight because he killed a trader a few times and when i asked him if he needed any help he said yes . The Pirate told me that it was against the rules to shoot him on sight, can someone pls explain it to me why a freelancer can't shoot on sight. And if this is true is there an ID which isnt a Pirate/Terrorists one but can shoot on sight

thanks in advance
You have to warn people when you are about to attack them,which can be illustrated as:

"die!"

or

"I kill you pirate"

or somthing like that.

The only ID in which you are allowed to shoot on sight to my recollection is the Xeno ID. I dont think there is a shoot on sight lawfull or neutral ID...:mellow:
Like McNeo said, you have to warn ppl before you shoot them. I think the only IDs you can shoot on sight are the Xeno and Phantom IDs.
ah k i understand now thanks
Say, for instance player A has a Liberty Rogue ID, and player B has a Liberty Navy ID.

Wouldn't player A be allowed to shoot player B on sight? The two are enemies by default. No mystery there. Or for that matter what about the two lawful factions that are at war? (ie. Bretonia and Kusari)

Generaly speaking, one can open up if one gives a warning first.

The, "Die, pirate scum!" and "I killz j00!" examples work (Although, I would appreciate it if you refrained from the second style). They alert the target you are, in fact, trying to kill them. It also helps to have your ID and rep set up so that pirates show up red on your HUD.

Only exemption to this would be terrorists or Phantoms. That would just be our little priviledges.;)
Yeah, they get to kill whoever they want. If HF is hired, we don't have to say anything either, as we're filling out our contract. I think.
' Wrote:Yeah, they get to kill whoever they want. If HF is hired, we don't have to say anything either, as we're filling out our contract. I think.

What???

Then you'd better have a copy of that contract ready to fax over.. If it's not ironclad, current, and specific, Lawrence, Curlieu and Morenci will be sueing your bloody socks off, and I shall own your next three children!
Example:

Forsaken: *Target Aquired.... Weapons Armed* Engaging target.

(insert epic battle)

Console: Ub3rkillaX was gunned down by Forsaken (Gun)

Ub3killaX: (Good Fight)

Forsaken: (GF, you are hard to hit, gotcha with a good torp slice and you strafed into it:))
What's this? Since when did lawfuls have to declare they're going to kill a pirate? Isn't the advantage supposed to go to the one who's more alert?
Pages: 1 2 3 4