Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: How characters are treated?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
As some might have read my quarrels with OPG (Nice strart for rp as Corsair, isn't it?), they will treat me accordingly to my ID indifferent to tag, ship and equipment. Okay, have no problem with. There is a rule also.

What i would like to know is, how house authorities for instance would react, iff they see a Corsair freighter (without cargo or legal goods) with Corsair tag and Freelancer ID? Will they treat me the same way as OPG does, looking for ID only?

El Caminante
I'd say Tag, ID, Equipment, and most importantly, behavior.

ID is an oorp metagaming thing, really.
they will see a corsair ship, and depending of players, might ask you to stop and explain yourself and your tag, and if you fail to give a satisfactory answer (and I seriously doubt you'd manage to find one to their liking because I've been trying to figure one out but some people just want to shoot thing), then they'll shoot you, very probably.
Actually Swift, even the rules state you must factor in ID above all else.

Behavior is possibly the best indicator as to how to treat someone you encounter. Under that, ID. Then Tag, then equipment.

House navies/police would treat you as a Freelancer with Corsair leanings (as obvious from the Corsair tag and freighter). Basically you'd be treated same as a Corsair, except maybe a bit less hostile. When it comes to generic IDs such as Freelancer and Mercenary, people take tags into account according to their employer. If you're an FL with a 'sair tag, its assumed you're a Freelancer working with/for the Corsairs. Ship and equipment just compound that further. Simply put; Don't expect much mercy from the houses, you'll be treated same as a Corsair with that setup (not that anything is wrong with it).
No I know about the rules and IDs thing, Dab, yes, but thing is, I don't think that, in 80% of cases, an ID's the main factor for deciding how to RP with someone.

Take smuggler and pirate IDs as a first and best example.

And also, say you see a pirate IDed player with a Corsair ship, Corsair equipment, and no tag, how'd you treat him?
I regularly get badgered in Gamma on one of my chars, despite it being a Corsair in RP, it's just not good for the char to have a Corsair ID, and I constantly get badgered by random Corsairs
trying to kill "the intruder".
And they ignore my behavior totally, and my loadout, and my ship, and everything I say basically.

That is why IDs are a metagaming thing, for rules alone, when RP can't cover it all.
They're not the Alpha and Omega.
Hm, from what i have read in the comments so far is, that i will have a hard time with this combination.

Either house authorities will say, get another tag and ship, if you want no troubles.
Or Corsair will say, get another ID for your ship and tag, if you want no troubles.

The whole thing gives a bitter taste. Then i can take a Corsair ID to avoid unneccessary headache, eventhough it messes a bit with my rp.

El Caminante

edit: Hm, i think i will try this Co/FL combination first and take it as a challenge to prove good rp. I'm an optimist.
If it doesn't work at all i can switch ID later.
Personally I see a mix of it, while ID does take priority you can't just ignore ship and IFF.

If I saw a Corsair freighter with Corsair IFF but FL ID on my RM, I would deffinatly order them to get out of Rheinland and destroy them if they don't comply.
' Wrote:Personally I see a mix of it, while ID does take priority you can't just ignore ship and IFF.

If I saw a Corsair freighter with Corsair IFF but FL ID on my RM, I would deffinatly order them to get out of Rheinland and destroy them if they don't comply.

Hmm... That's an interesting idea. All you have to do is get conflicting ship equipment, such as Tizzies on a Falcata, freelancer ID, and everyone will attack you without really trying to roleplay with you. It's like PVP Heaven! I think I'm going to do that.

"Freeze Corsair!"

"I'm not a corsair"

*Cruise Disrupted, engagement begins.*

Remember, you should always attack freelancers and mercenaries if their ships or equipment, or tag belong to an enemy faction. 4 MAEK GUD RP!!!
I'd say ID above all. Certain IDs cannot be purchased unless you have full rep and TAG on the other hand can be changed easily now.

: I know, i'm new here, but your suggestion is violating server rules. ID tag and equipment must match closely. Falcata with Tizonas is prohibited.

: The same, ID and tag must match closely. Police Tag and Pirate ID is prohibited.

I was looking in the spreadsheet and Freelancer ID for Corsair tech is allowed, as long as a roleplay post is written, pointing at (story, biography).

Point of Tag is, you can see it long before you can scan for ID and they must match closely. So ID and Tag are equal, because in the case of Freelancer ID it depends whom you meet. Look at posts above. This i have learned already.

El Caminante
Pages: 1 2 3