Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Ship crew amount
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I'm working on a little rp, and I need to know the number of personnel an board a Liberty Gunboat. Actually, let's just ask the same for every ship. I searched threds on this, and found one, which to be honest, had some ridiculous numbers. The libby gunboat isn't big enough for 25 people... is it? I also saw that the Osiris had 800 crew, and the Rheinland BS 2000. Both seem a lot but then again I don't know.

So is there actually a set ratio for this? It's definitely something everyone could use in their rp... bit mainly I'm looking to the number of crew on a Liberty Gunboat, I'm thinking around a dozen...
Check out wikipedia and search for crew compliments on various ship classes to give you a rough guide.

A dozen sounds about right for the Libby GB since it's small, although no lower than that, I'm guessing it'd need all 12 because it's an old design and less automated.

Hope this helps.
rheinland BS can carry 3000 crew members and dozens of fighters?
http://discoveryfl.com/wiki/index.php?titl...lass_battleship

that can't be right...
' Wrote:rheinland BS can carry 3000 crew members and dozens of fighters?
http://discoveryfl.com/wiki/index.php?titl...lass_battleship

that can't be right...
this is my opinion, RH BS should carry around...500 Liberty GB around 10... Osiris around 250.
I generally keep the number of turrets, plus a Captain, a First officer and a couple scientists (Medical Bay) so around 15 sounds about right really.
Of course, this rule is strictly for Gunboats, larger capital ships take much more mulling over (Like all aspects of capital ships).
hmm, well here's what I came up with. It's 12 total, I think 4 people could control all 8 guns. If you do one person controls the 2 rear ones, another the side fins, and the other two the sides, then I guess the helm officer or whomever could control the cannon.

Commanding Officer/Captain
First Officer/2nd in command
Helm Officer
Engineer... Officer?
Medical Officer
Tactical Officer
Communications Officer
Science/Tech Officer
Gunnery Seargent 1
Gunnery Seargent 2
Gunnery Seargent 3
(Gunnery Seargent 4?)
Dunno how realistic it shall be, because no crew can work 24h. For 12h shifts you need twice the crew - 1 captain.

I think the Libby gb can perform well with 2 x 8 + 1 Captain.

AoM
I have about 20-25 in my Cruiser + sometimes 15 Scientists
I just roleplay that all crew are in the crew quarters:P
why does everyone keep fuel and crew in their cargo bays? it confuses me.:P
Pages: 1 2 3