Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: bundschuh heavy fighter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
ok - here s the skinned version of the bundschuh HF concept. - i haven t changed much on the model since i posted the unskinned version - just added 6 weaponhardpoint spots. ( 4 below the wings - 2 at the lower fin )

with its rheinland skin, it does look more rheinlandish ( well.... dahh... of course it does )

[Image: bundschuhcoloured.png]
currently sized to roughly falcon size.

edit: imo - xings sabre version was nicer though - maybe you bundschuh guys should reconsider
edit2: not that it matters - there won t be new ships until x.86 - i believe
As far as I know, Xing's Sabre has been deleted. It also wasn't quite what we were looking for, being an even more deadly looking VHF. As revolutionaries, we are trying to win the hearts of the people, not give them heart attacks everytime they see us. We want to be cheered, not feared.

Now onto my opinions:

I think it's quite neat. I can see the clear civilian influence, although I'm not too sure of that, but also some Rheinland and Borderworld Elements. The problem with making it so civilian based is that no Bundschuh NPCs and possibly only one or two players fly the Civilian line. Bundschuh NPCs fly the Stiletto exclusively, except for the guards who fly Sabres.

I do like how its got Rheinland-style armour plating, Borderworld-style daggerboardish thing on the bottom. I agree with Ktayn that adding in a bit more Borderworld to the bottom fin would go a lot further in emphasizing the Borderworld line reliance that the Bundschuh have.

As for the engine, I'm unwilling to make a final verdict as of yet. A rear-view would be nice, but until then, I think that the single-engine is an interesting concept. I assume that the pod-like component is somehow involved in the engine, which I like. It gives it a somewhat modular design, something a small group like the Bundschuh would definitely do.

I just see something a little odd at the top of the cockpit. I'm not sure if it's supposed to be this way, but it looks like the cockpit recesses prior to meeting the hull, leaving a peculiar gap between the "glass" and metal.

For the texture, I believe we are aiming to shy away from the tradition dark foreboding Rheinland green. We were considering going for a brighter, newer looking green. Sort of a Rheinland 2.0 look. Brighter green with possibly some white, I think.

The lower-fin weapon mounts also bother me a bit. There's nothing there really for the weapons to stick to. I would prefer if either the fin became a tad more substantial, or if it loaned a concept from the Stiletto/Switchblade and provided something of a minor weapons platform there. I'm also assuming that the CD/T mount would go in the traditional chin location.
the "gap" between glass and hull is caused by a photoshop tool that removed parts of the hull ( too much colour tolerance )

engines:

it has two small engines - the central barrel is not the thruster - its just the reactor chamber - the "flames" will lick from the sideways pods. ( mostly to set it apart from the eagle which has 2 vertical centralized engines )

hull colour:

it can be "dyed" up to be sickly green, bright pink, satin black, glowing blue - whatever you like.

weaponpods:

i am pretty sure you wouldn t like those lower weaponhardpoints - cause such a weaponsetup seriously messed up the aiming haha. - yes, they re attached there JUST FOR THAT PURPOSE - to mess up aiming and make it a bit harder.

the weapons are very far away from one another - the lower ones ( probably lvl9 ) would rather hold missiles or shield busters - but yes, putting guns there is always a bit troublesome - for a reason.
The main style issue seems to be the fact that you chose to base it off the Falcon rather than the Stiletto. The issue being that we prefer the BW line. It seems to need more Knife and less Bird.

An idea for the lower fin is to move those two weapons mounts elsewhere and simply put the CM/M there instead. That way, it keeps the CM/M away from the main body where they could do damage and allows it to drop them in an unexpected location, exactly what one would hope for.

Another solution is to give the lower fin more girth and reduce its length. Rather than having the main hull with a little fin welded on, having the hull at that area continue into the fin, seamlessly. Merge the fin and hull together by making the fin shorther and more substantial and that might provide a less awkward solution to gunmounts as well as give it that BW-flair we so desire.
Looks like a Rheinland Slipstream. Not a bad model, but in my opinion, not even the Rheinland texture panels make it a Rheinland fighter, but someone could say the same about Hessian fighters.:D

AoM
*A tear comes to basilisk's eye from a long lost love*

I would totally use this with my Bundy.
' Wrote:We want to be cheered, not feared.

Well this got me thinking a little bit. All the ships have very militaristic/utilitarian colouring. If we want to be cheered by the people, why not go for something heroic?

[Image: porco2.jpg]

I would absolutely kill to fly a ship all decked out thusly.
If the army liberating me was flying peace and love ship with pink coloring, I would laugh.

If they showed in forces with militaristic vehicle showing strength and patriotic markings, I would cheer their might.
I'll be quite frank here, I don't think that model would fit the RP of its mold, my reasons?

To start, the concept of the ship is the bund modifying there normal ships; which are border world series; with there own Rhineland enhancements. This ship looks more like a ship designed from scratch that was loosely based on the components of BW instead of a ship that was built off of an existing BW ship.

Now you might say that they could call there Hessian allies to help them with production, but if that's the case why not simply buy Hessian ships?
I like it, but I'd like it to become slightly bulkier. Maybe the back section could be stretched out a bit, and the wings made a little thicker.

As for people's opinions on how it should look...

I think that it could be reskinned, to make it look sleeker and less rheinlandish. The current Rheinland texture has this scratched look, and I think making it look sleeker would go a long ways towards removing it stylistically from the rest of the Rheinland ships.

Other than that, I love the model and I would happily fly it on my Bundschuh.
Pages: 1 2