Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: A new Junker has arrived!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello all. I am not new to Freelancer online, but I am new to this server. I've grown very apathetic toward other popular Freelancer servers/mods, and almost gave up on Freelancer for good... and then I found this place! It sure "Voids" (wink wink nudge nudge) any other servers I've played on, that's for sure.

I have been playing for a little over 72 hours of game-time now, and I'm now officially a Junker. I am all about the RP, and never really had all that much fun in PvP. Being with the Junkers allows me to spend most of my time out in the Edge Worlds, away from police, and with reasonable neutrality among the majority of pirate/terrorist factions across Sirius.

Some of you may have met me in space. Sorry that I was too busy tractoring in scrap metal to carry on any conversation. And a big HUGE thanks to Hans Zimmerman for getting me started back when I was still in my Rhino! Hans, I hope to see you out there again soon!

As for the rest of you, allies or enemies, I look forward to seeing you out there as well. Thanks for welcoming a new noob!

Format C:
Good to see a new face! Just a note: Discovery now owns your soul. Things to avoid:

-Phantoms (Scary terrorist-types with big guns)
-Keepers (Nomads...enough said)
-Mon'Star (Terrorist extraordinaire. Has a custom ship, the Necrosis. Worth dying to just to see it.)
-Phate (Epitome of Lane Hackerness. Traders that don't comply leave with no equipment, no cargo, and 1% hull. The guy is scary.)
-Any system with more than one "YEEEHAAAAAWWW" in it (See Xenos)
-Xenos (Rabid, crazy, suicidal maniacs known for their love of torpedoes.)

That...should about cover it. Obey the rules, and have fun!

-Boss
you forgot coalition, although i dont log it often anymore... hehe

welcome around and have fun ^^
Oh, I think Boss forgot the "Semi-sentient flying toasters from outer space" (also known as the Harvesters)

Anyway, welcome to Discovery. Hopefully your stay here will be fun and eventful. If you ever need help, I believe Tazuras has the answers to every problem that a newbie to discovery might have, and he even has a skype help channel in his sig. (Yes, Tazuras, I ninja'd you again:P). Well, good luck and I hope to see you on the server at some point. Maybe on the business end of my guns.
harvesters are friendly towards junkers still, at least they are towards mine... but my junker has a history with them.
' Wrote:Anyway, welcome to Discovery. Hopefully your stay here will be fun and eventful. If you ever need help, I believe Tazuras has the answers to every problem that a newbie to discovery might have, and he even has a skype help channel in his sig. (Yes, Tazuras, I ninja'd you again:P). Well, good luck and I hope to see you on the server at some point. Maybe on the business end of my guns.

What he said. Also the help channel lets you meet a lot of cool people in the community.

Oh and mind the rules of course, which I am sure you do.

But most of all, have fun!
' Wrote:Hello all. I am not new to Freelancer online, but I am new to this server. I've grown very apathetic toward other popular Freelancer servers/mods, and almost gave up on Freelancer for good... and then I found this place! It sure "Voids" (wink wink nudge nudge) any other servers I've played on, that's for sure.

I have been playing for a little over 72 hours of game-time now, and I'm now officially a Junker. I am all about the RP, and never really had all that much fun in PvP. Being with the Junkers allows me to spend most of my time out in the Edge Worlds, away from police, and with reasonable neutrality among the majority of pirate/terrorist factions across Sirius.

Some of you may have met me in space. Sorry that I was too busy tractoring in scrap metal to carry on any conversation. And a big HUGE thanks to Hans Zimmerman for getting me started back when I was still in my Rhino! Hans, I hope to see you out there again soon!

As for the rest of you, allies or enemies, I look forward to seeing you out there as well. Thanks for welcoming a new noob!
Format C:

Welcome.

First things first, whilst subtle, please avoid making statements which are negative about other mods/communities. (They do not help this community's image much.)

Apart from that, nice RP you have chosen. Junker RP is challenging and multi-faceted. Try checking out what Tinkerbell is doing with the JSF/JNS, it is not for everyone but it may appeal to you.

Apart from that, join a faction and do not buy a capital ship, everyone will love you for it. (Especially the conservatives, who's server you are stealing.)

Have fun most of all. (Enough people will tell you to read the rules.)

Sirius is awaiting.:)
Posting before Nooblet! I see you typing down there, but I'z fastah!

Welcome!

EDIT: Curses! I was too slow.
' Wrote:Posting before Nooblet! I see you typing down there, but I'z fastah!

Welcome!

EDIT: Curses! I was too slow.

XD. Fail.:P
Welcome to discovery mate.
As most of the important bits have been pointed out by members before me.
If you need any sort fo help, please feel free to put in a PM or catch me on skype.
The thread in my sig may be helpful if you need money to start with.
Cheers,
And have fun,

-XO-
Pages: 1 2