Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Oracles and Junkers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have in-character screens of some of my interactions and conversations with Oracles who have in them acknowledged their devotion to the Nomads. Understand Tinkerbell's role play causes that to move him to defcon 5 regarding Oracles and he will sound the alarm. The djinni is already out of the bottle on this. Do understand that Junkers and others involved in cooperative rp with "Ambassador Tinkerbell" will be aware of his feelings and knowledge of these Oracles and expect to be fired upon by forces sympathetic to his views if you try to dock or loiter near a Junker base.

Happy to RP with you but wanted you to know where my response will be coming from.

And to the Oracle players who keep saying "metagaming" on every encounter (3x now), please stop. I'm not the one flying in the middle of NY with Keepers talking about how keen the Nomads are and preaching in Texas, etc. If I happen to be docking or undocking and see you attempting a launch or landing at a Junker base, I will engage unless you can explain a reason for me not to know who your characters are.
' Wrote:I have in-character screens of some of my interactions and conversations with Oracles who have in them acknowledged their devotion to the Nomads.

With all due respect I believe such evidence may have been tampered with. We are a pacifist organization who aims to establish peace and stability throughout Sirius. We are not nomads, nor are we "devoted" to them.

// OOC //
Theres been some significant changes recently to the oracles. I recommend reading the updated faction post, as we do not claim to have any connection to Keepers, wilde, or any other nomad oriented group. Any such claims were either made in error, or not by an oracle at all.
' Wrote:With all due respect I believe such evidence may have been tampered with. We are a pacifist organization who aims to establish peace and stability throughout Sirius. We are not nomads, nor are we "devoted" to them.

// OOC //
Theres been some significant changes recently to the oracles. I recommend reading the updated faction post, as we do not claim to have any connection to Keepers, wilde, or any other nomad oriented group. Any such claims were either made in error, or not by an oracle at all.

Unfortunately, I have a current discussion in character in addition to having witnessed others. The Oracles make no secret they see the Nomads as beneficial. It's damning to them.
Oracles are doing quite a bit of reorganization. I think it would be fair to give them a chance to introduce their new RP with no holdovers from previous times. Think of it as a retcon.
How current is "current"? To me this looks like yet another lie about our people being spread to impede our mission of peace. What possibly could compel you to do such a thing is beyond me, Perhaps you see our way of life as threatening to your greed fueled quest for wealth and power? Whatever the case, we will not be silenced. The truth will come out and we will expose the corruption of those who would stand in our way for all to see.
Personally I don't think many people at all should know about Nomads. The LSF and the Government and the Order didn't exactly come back after the Nomad war and go "OMG guise we just keeled a bunch of aliens!" to all the civilians. The details of why Trent got awarded the Lone Star isn't even available to the public.
I believe that unless you've actually met a Nomad, or belong to the LSF/Edgeword Factions (Zoners, Outcasts, Corsairs, Order) Then you shouldn't even know what the hell one is. Tinks' character obviously does know what a Nomad is, but the average civilian would probably just think the Oracles are a bunch of religious fanatics preaching fictional beliefs.

The fact that the existence of Nomads is pretty much Sirius wide is metagaming. If your character has never met a Nomad, or is in the position to never have met a Nomad, then do you really know about them? Does a BPA officer know what the hell a Nomad is? Or does the Government keep it under wraps to stop sector wide panic?
Good point there, Ashes. Note to self: Only characters that know are Shadow, Jim, 62, Vindy, Mason, Andres, and maybe Matteo.

Now to remember to not go "Oh, look, Nomads...again" and rather go "What the...What ARE those?" instead.

My head should be on straight now in that regard. Thank you for that.
' Wrote:How current is "current"?

Evening before this post.
' Wrote:Evening before this post.

// OOC //

Then yes, it is out of date. The changes in question began yesterday, are still being ironed out and not all of our members have been informed of such changes. But, feel free to act against us any way you wish. Speaking out against corruption, and "enlightening" the masses will be a significant part of our new RP, especially when it comes to wrongful accusations against the Oracles or other "oppressed" organizations.
' Wrote:// OOC //

Then yes, it is out of date. The changes in question began yesterday, are still being ironed out and not all of our members have been informed of such changes. But, feel free to act against us any way you wish. Speaking out against corruption, and "enlightening" the masses will be a significant part of our new RP, especially when it comes to wrongful accusations against the Oracles or other "oppressed" organizations.

Don't get me wrong--we won't be hunting you down--but we will resist your entering or loitering near, Junker bases. If you can reinvent things--when it is clarified and posted we will reconsider but can't really know anything but what we see.