Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: This has to end. seriously.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was present in system when the incident between King, his companions and the BAF exploded. No, I am not saying which of my characters I was at the moment.

What I read was just a demonstration of sheer arrogance from the BAF persons involved and rudeness beyond limits. Mr Kind and friends were greeted in less then respectful terms and then the BAF gentlemen proceeded to declare they should leave the Bretonian Secret Services ID to Real people. Now, after the dismissive answers from the indies the BAF proceeded to postulate they robbed the IDs, to my knowledge these are Guard IDs, how can somebody rob a Guard ID?

In the end, the BAF tried to put the indies under arrest. From what I understood King and friends opened fire and managed to put one of them out of action. Of course the BAF report, somewhere in these forums, states something like "the coward use of dual missiles". Sure, if that is what his ego needs to get over the fact that an indie killed him, well its really lame. He killed the arrogant BAF, dual missiles or not.

But what direction am I going with all this?

The BAF is notorious in the way they handle indies, arrogant beyond limits, rude, complacent and bossy to the point of nausea. As strange as it might seem not all indies are pvp whores or lol diseased jerks. The concept of "approved indies" its so ludicrous and nauseating that it makes me sick just to think of it, it states that any person that doesn't wish to be part of an established faction can't actually role play a member of that faction.

Sure many indies don't have a clue about the server rules and role play is something they completely ignore. But should all the indiies suffer the kind of treatment that some official factions grants them? Don't forget that not all the players are teenagers with too much time in their hands, some of us are mature people with busy lives with no time to commit in what an official faction demands, or many just have a group of friends with which they are used to play and don't see the need to ingress in a clan.

I have several indie characters and some semi official, I never was handled in any of my characters as King and friends were by the BAF. My LSF guard indie was never shown anything else then respect and proper politeness. If I was shown the degree of contempt those indies were I would probably react in a similar way.

My question is: isn't respect a two ways road? So if you want indies to respect the official factions, please show some respect for the time and effort it took for them to use your ID and buy your ships. Look at them as allies, greet them as friends and don't handle them like vermin as the BAF does. A beaten dog will become a rabid dog and will bite his master eventually. Make the indies welcome so that they feel tempted to join your clans, indies handled like vermin will never join any faction or they will join your enemy in spite.

So, can we please be more civil towards indies? It won't hurt to try would it?
I've found that as long as you don't try and order the BAF around, they're absolutely fine with you being around. I had an Indie gunboat for a long time...

Just don't be a pain. Also, remember you can't judge a faction by the actions of a couple of members. If you have a problem with a specific person, PM the faction leader to get it sorted.

Seth
Forum flames isn't going to go anywhere, especially since many of the BAF are good people and if they were harassing indies, as I interpreted from the little of your post I read before I saw you were pointing fingers, so any indies they were 'harsh' to were probably doing something stupid.

I have no idea whom 'King' or anyone else is, but I advise you PM complaints like this to faction leaders or at least post them in their Faction Feedback topics, rather than in the middle of General Discussion.
I would say this belongs in faction feedback for the BAF|, but the topic is closed.
Get outta my head Jake:P
To the OP, HERE HERE!....oh and here too

Though let me point out that my rant was not aimed at BAF explicitly
Yea some leader in the BAF| have a serious powertrip problem,i was a BAF| members,i create one of their most important character,"The liberty embassy",and ive got kicked out,.....why.because no one have the power to shut me up,and i have to say,those powertripper dont appreciate it:P
BAF are fine with indies in my experience. We bring independent players in to our group channel a lot, even if it's a group of BAF templars working 'under' an indie capital ship. The recent couple of events have been because indie bretonian armed forces players have killed official BAF players, which is dumb.
Quote:The recent couple of events have been because indie bretonian armed forces players have killed official BAF players, which is dumb.

Except if it were the other way around, it wouldn't be in the eyes of most people. It happens regularly. Maybe not as much with the BAF but other factions are very guilty of this.
Double standards, huzzah!
I am extremely sorry to post in the wrong place. This forum is a maze for me and I apologise for getting lost and not know where to post.

To MacAulay I must say that I didnt managed to saw your posts, obviously, or I would have made mine in answer to yours. Very sorry, I didnt want to hijack or derail your threads.
Pages: 1 2