Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Greetings from a first time player.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Let me just start out by saying I have never played Freelancer on-line before yesterday. I thought it was a dead game that nobody plays any more.Oh how wrong was I?

About me.
Well I am into my MMO's From Star wars galaxy to EVE On-line. EVE is the only one I am currently active in though, I have been playing EVE pretty much non-stop for the past 4 years and if you have played it you probably know what an unforgiving game it is.

So the oher day I had an urge to play freelancer again after talking about it with a friend of mine. Having already completed the single player game I wanted some mods to mix it up a little bit. Thats when I stumbled upon this site and I didnt hesitate in downloading. Getting the mod to run was a breeze (thanks to the excellent guides in the forums)

My first day was a bit daunting, after skimming through the very extensive rules I didnt wanna mess up and get into trouble just as I joined. So up to now I have kept to myself. I read somewere that mining helium behind planet Erie was good money so I started doing that. earned enough to get a Decent hauler and started mining away making about 300k a run.

now I have hit level 40 and I want to start actually RP'ing but I am not sure what to do. From reading around I am attracted to the "Junker" line of work but I don't have the faintest idea were to start out. (but that is half the fun) Being a pure PVP character in EVE On-line I don't really want to get into it here but I definitely wont shy away from a fight.

Anyway I hope to see ya's all in game and if you happen to meet "Phenoxan" on your travels don't hesitate to say hello.

2 questions.
Is there any consequence to death? Ie losing your ship/money/levels?
and is it possible to own more than 1 ship or will I have to create another Char if I want to have a combat ship?

Regards,
Phenoxan.
Hello.
nice to have you here.
for your first question : You will not lose anything but your cargo and ammo
second: you can have more than 1 char, if you want to have couple ships for same chr you will have to RP it and still get new ships on new chars/slots
Hello and welcome. As you already seem to have gone over the rules I wont harp on that. I will say though that some are fairly complex and that reading through sanction reports helped me gain a better understanding of them.

To answer your questions:

To play a junker start by researching their RP first, read rumors and new on bases as well as all other related texts, the wiki would also probably be a good place to look. I would also read some of the junker congress (player faction) RP to see how they play it. You can then decide to play similarly or a little differently. In terms of how you will play it all depends on what you want to do. As a junker you can do a lot. You can pirate, or mine scrap, or smuggle or do various pure RP things, including protecting junker territory, and having a more purely RP role.

In terms of dying, in addition to what Weed said you will also lose any unmounted equipment, and of course there is the consequence mentioned in the server rules.

Finally, you can have up to 5 characters per account. After that you have to create multiple accounts which can be managed by freelancer account manager. There is a tutorial on how to do this in the help section of the forums. I should also add that there are commands that allow you to transfer cash in between characters in case you are unaware. All the server commands are listed here.

Last but not least if you need help or have any questions you can always post on the forums. Additionally you can stop by the disco help channel where you can also meet a great group of friendly players who have a lot of experience here (link in sig). This is in skype which is the chat program of choice of this community, I highly recommend getting it if you plan on being active here.

Most of all though, Have Fun!
Welcome to Disco.Here everything is possible,Have Fun.
WELCOME!
Besides what Tazuras has said; beware the Falcon-head-desk and the Go Go Gadget Facepalm. They roam these forums....
Welcome. If you need help or have any questions in game. Look for "The_Angels" and we'll try to help.

Sass
Ditto everything said previously, it's nice to see a serious player joining the community. The advice I would give is take your time, learn the rules, learn the rp-stories of the game and factions and have fun!
Welcome to Discovery! Enjoy, learn the rules (I'm sure you have already), and stick to the canon RP until you've got yourself familiar with everything.:P
Welcome.

Welcome to Discovery 24/7 RP.

You have chosen or been chosen to relocate to one of our finest remaining Freelancer servers. I thought so much of Discovery 24/7 RP that I chose to establish my awesomeness here from the Tea house so thoughtfully provided by our benefactors.

So, wether you are here to stay or passing through to parts unknown...

Welcome, to Discovery 24/7 RP

It's safer here...
Welcome!
Pages: 1 2