Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Narrative RP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So, Roleplaying can be fun. Trying to make a gullible and interesting character without powergaming: fun! Also, hard.

Somehow I chose for a different approach (or I would, but i have a new PC and can't access my account yet): Make a mute character.

We know how in RP you can describe actions aswell as direct speech. But would you be allowed to make a character who can communicate by actions, sounds and feelings only. Your entire RP would be in indirect form, and you would be forced to narrate only.

Could this be done? Wouldn't it be hecka annoying? Wouldn't people laugh at you and ask 'what the hell are you doing'?

What say you?
No flight instructors will allow a mute to fly considering the importance of communicating in space flight I'd think...
In the present day early twenty-first century, we have technology now that can allow some mutes to speak.

This far in the future, I imagine there'd just be a little surgery to take care of any problems, be it fixing scar tissue, implanting a new larynx, or placing a computer chip that interfaces with the nerves/brain and a speaker, etcetera...

There's a multitude of ways it could be fixed, all exceedingly simple for Sirian technology at this point.
I think people who can afford a space ship can easily afford cybernetic or surgical cure to most disabilities, maybe they'd even be able to afford whole-body replacement. We're in the future here. Only the really poor people still have to suffer from such grave disabilities as muteness, deafness or blindness.

It's certainly a nice idea though, even if it might not really work here realistically.
I remember people in this day and age that refuse sorts of medications because of their beliefs. Surely such conservatives would live on even ' in the future'.
' Wrote:I remember people in this day and age that refuse sorts of medications because of their beliefs. Surely such conservatives would live on even ' in the future'.

I don't really think so. Religious practice and belief above "let's celebrate Christmas" isn't very common in the FL universe, and bioconservatives are unlikely to exist out of any other reason as nanotechnology and other human repair/enhancement technology has been proven itself to work really well. Also, it's unlikely that such kind of persons - even if they exist - would ever be allowed a flight license - or even want to, as NeuralNet, which seems to be a requirement for flying a space ship, is implanted into a person's brain...
' Wrote:I don't really think so. Religious practice and belief above "let's celebrate Christmas" isn't very common in the FL universe, and bioconservatives are unlikely to exist out of any other reason as nanotechnology and other human repair/enhancement technology has been proven itself to work really well. Also, it's unlikely that such kind of persons - even if they exist - would ever be allowed a flight license - or even want to, as NeuralNet, which seems to be a requirement for flying a space ship, is implanted into a person's brain...

The Rheinlanders have a religion and the Outcast are rumored to worship the Nomads
anyone i know that saw me doing "this" would kill me...
' Wrote:The Rheinlanders have a religion and the Outcast are rumored to worship the Nomads

Also actually, if you read Malta's infocard, you'll notice a paragraph stating how there's still a sizeable portion of Outcasts that are Catholic.
Since when would needing a license stop half the pilots in Sirius from flying?

However, I'd like to know how a mute character would communicate. Interpretive bomber dancing?
Pages: 1 2