Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Joining the group
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys me and my friends used to play FL a long time back and we decided to give it another go. We are actually just playing on our own server atm but I will probably move over to the official one after they are done playing.

I am wondering - Whats a good way to start out getting money and what ship and weapons should I aim for to progress faster and get caught up a bit.

Right now I am just doing the missions in a Defender with a few drails and 2 sunpules (I think sunpulse is the name....the one that damages shields mainly)
You should look to get a eagle, with Codenames.
Howdy!

First of all be sure to read and follow the rules. They have recently been revised and are a lot more understandable I believe but if you have questions you can post them on the forums and we will be happy to answer.

As for making money, I hear mining helium is a good way to start. Missions are alright but fairly time consuming and they dont let you RP as much. In the end the best way to make money is trade. One of anyone's first characters on the server should be a trader or smuggler.

Also, as you may have noticed the server is down right now and probably will be for a little bit, as it is being attacked. It will be up again as soon as possible, I am sure.

Finally, if you need help or have any questions you can always post on the forums. Additionally you can stop by the disco help channel where you can also meet a great group of friendly players who have a lot of experience here (link in sig). This is in skype which is the chat program of choice of this community, I highly recommend getting it if you plan on being active here.

Most of all though, Have Fun!
May you live in interesting times.

Mal
WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME

enjoy your stay

and see you in space

and who is attacking the server?
thanks for the help yall where do I buy the eagle at? How much is it? If I go the trader route after mining helium to get my cargo ship which trade routes should I concentrate on? Or should I continue in the helium fields?

edit: to that first reply I got what are codenames?

Bleh just noticed ive been playing on 4.83 when 4.84 and 85 are out....which one does everyone normally play on? The beta or 4.84? Is the planet ppl go to in the colorado system with the helium even in the 3.83 version?
' Wrote:thanks for the help yall where do I buy the eagle at? How much is it? If I go the trader route after mining helium to get my cargo ship which trade routes should I concentrate on? Or should I continue in the helium fields?

Bleh just noticed ive been playing on 4.83 when 4.84 and 85 are out....which one does everyone normally play on? The beta or 4.84? Is the planet ppl go to in the colorado system with the helium even in the 3.83 version?

Eagle is available at Ames Research Station, Kepler. (It is around two million.)

My Arms Dealer is also located there if you wish to purchase codename weapons. (There are plenty of wrecks and if you identify any individual codename you want I can point you the the wreck which contains it.)

Old school player that just registered?

Well, we play 4.85 beta 7 now I think, but the server is down because some people are trying to continuously hack it.

You start off in a system called Pennsylvania and it has a gate to the NY system.
' Wrote:thanks for the help yall where do I buy the eagle at? How much is it? If I go the trader route after mining helium to get my cargo ship which trade routes should I concentrate on? Or should I continue in the helium fields?

The eagle is available at Freeport 2 in bering for about 2 million. As for routes, and helium, use .85 and here are some routes (for .85) : http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p35...0upJzghf8Lba9CA

Codenames are found on wrecks that are hidden throughout most systems.

As for the versions, everyone plays the .85 beta and it is what the helium route is in. It is almost out of beta now so most bugs are fixed. Download .85 v4 and then use the auto updater to get you up to the current release. The directions for using the auto updater are in the post for the most recent version in the .85 transition forum.

Edit: and N00blet beat me, oh well, we provide different info.
oh hah 2 million not even close im at around 150k right now but ive just been doing missions. Is there a trade route that would be good for me to start with for my trek to 2million?

Also where is the planet that has the helium behind it? What system?

edit: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!! Helium sells great lol you can get like 90k a trip back a forth once you have a rhino....and on top of that the rhinos rigged its description isnt correct for it. it says you can have 3/2 gun/turret when really its like 3/5 so you can smash stuff easy. Now my multiple hours of doing missions seems....fail....I could get that Eagle within 2 hours no prob....How do I get to the Freeport 2 or Kepler system to get one from Planet Eirie? lol glad I came to the forums to learn : / What weapons should I buy for my eagle and where from? I know he said codenames but ya....dont even know where to start with that so just basic weapons might be a better choice...
Kepler is North past colorado, bering is east past texas. They should both be on the galactic map to begin with i believe...

As for weapons, it's best to use those that all travel at the same speed.
Pages: 1 2