Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: FRAPs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Okaies, I've been trying to record the intro for Starlancer with FRAPs and it isn't working. When I want to do a recording, I'll go on the little PC thing that lists all the videos, select the one I want then all it does is show a picture of the menu until the video is finished (you can hear the sound, but can't see the video when you watch the saved file afterwards.)

Does FRAPs have something against filming game's cut-scenes or is this a problem that shouldn't be happening?

And I assume I'm going to get a lot of people say 'don't use FRAPs, use 'X' program', so any alternitaves suggested are welcome...
I've heard about Xfire a lot. Dunno if that would work, as I've never tried it myself, but it may be worth a shot.
As I recall the Starlancer intro is a bik movie, as such you should be able to isolate, play, and possibly even convert the file.
' Wrote:As I recall the Starlancer intro is a bik movie, as such you should be able to isolate, play, and possibly even convert the file.

Wish still leaves me wondering why it doesn't work, wish I had Starlancer, just to try.
On a related topic: Is there any program like FRAPS, but for free?
' Wrote:On a related topic: Is there any program like FRAPS, but for free?
FRAPs is free isn't it? I downloaded a free version from the FRAPs website. I guess it's just a trial version.

*Shrugs*

EDIT: How would I convert the BIK files to somethingp playable in Media Player?
Thats what i thought, turns out that it will only record for 30 secs, and the full version you need to buy.
I use the GameCam , is a powerfull tool for recording games videos...and needs less resources than fraps, it is easy to use.

here can be downloaded ---> Download GameCam

Hope I could help.
' Wrote:FRAPs is free isn't it? I downloaded a free version from the FRAPs website. I guess it's just a trial version.

*Shrugs*

EDIT: How would I convert the BIK files to somethingp playable in Media Player?

Bik to Avi http://www.google.fi/search?q=bik+to+avi+c...lient=firefox-a

The Free Fraps records only 30s and adds a watermark to it. The licensed one records as long as there is space for the movie on a hard-disk.
' Wrote:I use the GameCam , is a powerfull tool for recording games videos...and needs less resources than fraps, it is easy to use.

here can be downloaded ---> Download GameCam

Hope I could help.

This file was recognized as a virus.
Pages: 1 2