Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Discovery 4.77 Server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Right now I'm trying to set up a temporary Discovery 4.77 server on my own PC. I don't know how fast the connection will be, but you could help alot if you test it. Accounts from the main Discovery server are still available so you won't need to start all over again.
* update *

The server was successfully started and there are several players online right now. It will be very nice if you join them and test new things out... maybe we'll finally find out why the crash occured.
Igiss,Oct 9 2005, 01:52 PM Wrote:* update *

The server was successfully started and there are several players online right now. It will be very nice if you join them and test new things out... maybe we'll finally find out why the crash occured.
[snapback]3046[/snapback]
First thing i noticed right away, there are 2 types of nomad turret at crete. Both have same stats apart from:

Hull damage: 1400 Shield: 700 Energy: 18000
Hull damage: 900 Shield: 450 Energy: 20000

The better turret actually uses *less* energy for same refire (but costs more). If the turret doing more damage is a battleship one, I would expect it to use more energy, not less. More later!

OK, modified post, here's some more: temp server just crashed so I'm back here for now.

New detail range looks good, though not much more it seems. I'm not sure I would've noticed the difference straight away. Has the visibility range also increaed? - not sure. I know in some mods (eg Crossfire) stations and trade lane rings etc can be seen from a long way.

More class 10 fighters! That's a surprise, I didn't expect that. Just bought a Templar and will be equipping it soon. A good addition, I think.

Class ratings for turrets - a good thing but it's not made much difference at the moment really, because gunboats and cruisers have class 10 mounts. It would be better if the class rating could be used to prevent gunboats and cruisers mounting battleship weapons. Look at my current avatar - that's bandersnatch in a gunboat equipped with battleship weapons - a bit silly. As a suggestion, gunboat weapon mounts (and other large ships) class 8, cruisers class 9 and battleships class 10. I know that's not in line with their shield classes but I'm sure it could be done.

Turrets sold at planets - well we never had that poll and I wonder what the outcome would've been. At the moment it's possible to buy a gunboat and equip it with battleship turrets for less than the price of a battleship. OK it has less armour but will be quite maneuverable. Selling them at planets wouldn't be so bad if this weren't possible. The reason I thought for selling them was to replace lost equipment, not to build a ship which is silly. At the moment I'm very against this but a tweak to the class ratings might make it OK.

Everything seems to be working as intended, though not tried Kyoto yet. The mooring point at crete now belongs to the corsairs! Hurray!
The server crashed, sorry... getting it back.
Can you log on to the server now?
No. It doesnt show in the server list.

Edit: I can see vlad's server, but cant log on. Where is lancer's server? i cant see it on the server list...
Igiss,Oct 9 2005, 05:35 PM Wrote:Can you log on to the server now?
[snapback]3050[/snapback]
Right now the only servers in the global list are Lancer and Vlad running tests.
daedalus,Oct 9 2005, 04:10 PM Wrote:Class ratings for turrets - a good thing but it's not made much difference at the moment really, because gunboats and cruisers have class 10 mounts. It would be better if the class rating could be used to prevent gunboats and cruisers mounting battleship weapons. Look at my current avatar - that's bandersnatch in a gunboat equipped with battleship weapons - a bit silly. As a suggestion, gunboat weapon mounts (and other large ships) class 8, cruisers class 9 and battleships class 10. I know that's not in line with their shield classes but I'm sure it could be done.
[snapback]3047[/snapback]
Hey, I'm quoting myself! I should've noted that the turret classes prevent trains, transports etc from mounting the better turrets, - that's a good thing, it has made a difference there.
I succeeded in logging to the server just to find out that one of my chars is gone!
?! :(
Ioncross says that your char is all right.
Pages: 1 2