Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: A new RP idea
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I used to have a Corsair Gunboat called the Grande_Impuesto, you may of seen me.

(I hate the fact i've had to write it this brief, but I had no choice)
A short brief of role-play is that they were in Rheinland and his parents were killed when his transports engines malfunctioned (VERY brief). Him and his two brothers, Brian and Jacob Barnaby were told by the Rheinland Militaryit was a malfunction. Brian believed it and now works in REpEx (RepEx-Odyssey), but Robert (the character) and Jacob don't believe them. Jacob joins the Hessians (he dies shortly afterward) and Robert joins the Corsairs.
He is given the Grande Impuesto as a gift from the man who brought him in, for proving that he could be trusted (again, this is in VERY brief detail).
He goes around and taxes for awhile, and then he starts losing his mind. The death of his parents sent him into a spiralling decay of sanity. He focusess it on amusemant. He wants everybody to be happy and smiling at eachother, no matter the situation (e.g. smiling at eachother over the comms during combat).
Eventually he loses his sanity completely and kills his entire crew, and somehow makes a system to control the gunboat by himself (he actually moved every system to the bridge and has sticks to poke each console with when their to far away for him to reach whilst sitting down).
And thats pretty much it. He now roams randomly around the Galaxy, trying to force people to smile and be happy.

P.S. This character is based on the Joker from the recent Batman film, so when you see the character think off me as the Joker, and being that insane.
*chuckle* seems a zoner gb would be more appropriate for this, but, yea sounds amusing. id be happy to rp with your char a bit.
*smiles*

*smiles nervously*

*smiles at the microphone*

Are you going to tell knock knock jokes?
Oh Christ, I remember you. You were horribly annoying, if I may say so; I ended up hunting your Jacob Barnaby Red Hessian character down and executing him on Zak Mason. Your Robert Barnaby person, on the other hand, used to cruise around Omega-49, mouthing off.

Frankly, any change from what I've seen the Barnaby brothers exhibit to date would be welcome. However, I don't like the generic (parents die in a mysterious, possibly government-based accident) and illogical (one of your three brothers, all of which have Libertonian names, joins a Rheinland corporation, another signs on with the Red Hessian revolutionaries and pirates, and a third becomes a Corsair?!) roleplay premise you're outlining here, and I don't have enough confidence in your roleplay experience to trust you to prevent this idea of yours from becoming less amusing than terribly exasperating for the others you'll confront with it, so I'd have to advise you to scrap this plan and think of something else. Remember, roleplay doesn't have to deviate from canon to be good! Attempt something more standard and familiar to Freelancer fluff for starters; it'd work out better for you and for those arpeeing around you.

My two cents.
Mouthing off? What do you mean by mouthing off? I have improved my rp skills since that and it will be much better, i'll find you and show you.

As I said, that is a very very brief story, I haven't goten around to writing the role-play story for it yet, and I am annoyed I had to write it in that brief detail.

I forgot to add that this character has now decended into complete insanity, no turning back. He has decorated his ship with balloons he's that insane, i'm sure i'll offer you all some lovely balloons. Pink or blue Zak? I'm sure Dusty wants a nice purple one with flowers on!
' Wrote:Mouthing off? What do you mean by mouthing off? I have improved my rp skills since that and it will be much better, i'll find you and show you.

As I said, that is a very very brief story, I haven't goten around to writing the role-play story for it yet, and I am annoyed I had to write it in that brief detail.

I forgot to add that this character has now decended into complete insanity, no turning back. He has decorated his ship with balloons he's that insane, i'm sure i'll offer you all some lovely balloons. Pink or blue Zak? I'm sure Dusty wants a nice purple one with flowers on!

Well, okay. Actually, that seems more like it. In that case... sure. Run into one of my characters, completely by accident, of course, ingame sometime, yeah? Might as well take a look at how you intend to implement this roleplay concept of yours. Once I get back on the server, that is!

*Zig shrugs.* If you've improved your roleplaying, then good, that's definitely a step in the right direction. Having some faith, then.
*grins* I beleve we just met on that lovely server hosted across the sea.

You were... Odd:)

PS: Maybe I was even more so but meh ^^
' Wrote:I'm sure Dusty wants a nice purple one with flowers on!

I'm not one to turn down a balloon.

That being said I concur with most of the points that Zig brought up in regards to the quality and depth of thought involved with your story. I could fly a Zoner Juggy through some of the plotholes, slalom a Whale through the inconsistencies and take a Starflea into combat against Zap's Xeno Eagle with a solid chance of victory with your dubious grounding in reality.

I'm the last one to turn down a chuckle, but if you're forwarding this as a serious exercise of thought I might suggest putting it through the meat grinder one more time.
I think there's one guy already RP-ing Joker and his name is, well, Joker
I'm a gunna create me a planet based jumpgate.
I'll call it the..Sungate!

Yes, no copyright worries now..

On another note, seems like a fun character. I hope your ingame RP is a bit more indepth than the post though:P
All in all, work at it for a while and see what people think.
Pages: 1 2